News:

Evo front motor mount

Started by thumper 823, October 11, 2019, 04:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumper 823

1994 Road King-
Is there a better front mount?
I ruin one about every two years.

I see several styles available, any experience with them?

I was trying to get this pix on the thread street glide tin conversion ...They ended up here....oh well.
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

Flhfxd

I replaced mine with one of the $20 mounts. It's been fine for the last few years.
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

hdbikedoc

the stock 2008 is the latest and greatest from hd they stay together good but are stiffer  try one oh the big washer attached to the rubber goes up 
Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked

guido4198

When I first heard about these, I got on the phone and had a couple of long conversations with the engineer at the company:
https://www.kineticstructures.com/harley-engine-motor-mount
Also with Frank at Dirty Customz (https://dirtycustomz.com/)
I know there are cheaper options but I've been riding this same bike, 1985 FXRS for 34 years and 296,000 mi. and decided to give this new idea in Harley front motor mounts a try..just because.
In the interest of full disclosure, at the same time I replaced the front motor mount, I also replaced a pair of Velva-Ride stabilizer links that had been on the bike for a very long time with new Velva-Ride links. 
To date..I've run 5,000 mi. and can say I'm happy with it. No issues whatsoever and the bike cruises 90mph with virtually ZERO vibes in the feet, seat, etc. On the last long-ish run I made...I got in with a couple of BMW autos that were "in a hurry" on I-95 and we blew through South Carolina North to South early one morning like it wasn't there.. :bike:
I'm not ready to say it's THE ANSWER, it's too soon..just passing along my experience. Worth what you paid for it.  :wink:

thumper 823

I have been looking at the S.S. wire wound one.
The rubber ones just get pulled apart.

As a side note, the rest of the mounts need to be redone again too .
I have found that the swing armdonuts and all the junk inside is crap after about 5 years.
when all fresh it does make for a fine ride- no tar snake wonderings and a straight line held through the turns.
Also the "Tour link" is another thing or something like it that needs to be under all these bikes.

Getting the list of Winter projects lined up here. At least it is not the engine this time.
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

capn

D&S performance makes a nice front mount