March 28, 2024, 01:24:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Bagger toolkit

Started by Rockout Rocker Products, March 16, 2019, 09:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockout Rocker Products

I've long been trying to come up with a simple, inexpensive, compact took kit to keep on the bagger ('15 Limited Low). A while back I bought this...

figuring I would pick a few items that I wanted to carry, sh*tcan the rest. I think I paid about $25 on sale at harbor freight. I just couldn't justify hundreds of $$ in tools to more than likely never get used.

Soooo, a month goes by, then another, and another.... just never could seem to come up with THE perfect storage solution. The other day a member on another forum mentioned there were some cool products at https://www.storagepouches.com/ and he was right!
$60 + shipping gets you custom fitted tool storage bags that sit down in the wells at the bottom of the saddlebags. The saddlebags have a raised hump running the length of the bag making the space next to the hump pretty much useless. These bags fill that space, taking up almost no extra room. I was able to get the ENTIRE HF tool kit in the pouches with room left over. (I did not include the nails, drywall screws, or tape measure :) ) I also used a couple of cheep ($1 each) socket strips...

The weight is right around axle height instead of way up in the trunk where I usually carry such things, MUCH better. So for under a hunnert bux.... done :icon_toast:

www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Hossamania

I've seen those tool pouches before and thought they were a pretty good idea. Thanks for the link.
Just a thought to consider, think about replacing that ratchet with a better quality unit, maybe a pawn shop purchase or a spare from your box. I have two from a kit I bought at HF, and am less than impressed.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Bagger

A hammer is a definite to carry.  Will get the job done when no other tool works and you are very frustrated..   :bike:

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: Bagger on March 16, 2019, 10:19:43 AM
A hammer is a definite to carry.  Will get the job done when no other tool works and you are very frustrated..   :bike:
Plus if you've seen all the Then Came Bronson episodes you can do body work on the side of the road  :beer: :beer:

rigidthumper

Sooner or later, everything becomes a hammer :)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

poboy

I have had a set of those about 5 years now and luv em, but when I filled them & put them in the bags they made a knocking sound over bumps so I lined the bottom of the bags with some thin terry towels.  Knocking gone!!!!

Poboy

Rockout Rocker Products

crock

Bought a leather tool roll(custom made by some hippie) back in about 1990. Paid $75 back then and had a lot of second thoughts while peeling out the greenback back then but I have never looked back
Crock

EVOKing94

Kathy's Tool Pouch, Sport Size works well.  $25.00 #SP-BLK.  Get it from Bob's BMW.  They make a smaller size also but the bigger one is better for what you need on a H-D.