March 29, 2024, 08:54:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Top End

Started by mickblues, April 24, 2019, 10:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickblues

Quote from: Mirrmu on June 15, 2019, 04:11:38 PM
how has this turned out mickblues

no sumping, has been retuned with TTS master tuner? new cam?
Hey man, turned out good. No sumping and yes the builder retuned when I brought it back.  Not sure what he did different but the bike woke up.  Much much more responsive and rips.  Maybe because it broke in more then the retune.  He used PowerVision. No new cam added, still has TW-8-6.  I am curious tho about the TTS Mastertune wondering if I can get even more out of the bike.  Maybe something to look at down the road. 

Boe Cole

i use the tts tuners as they are flexible and can handle almost anything I throw at the bike.  My only complaint about the TTS is that it does not allow for cycling the abs system.  Would love to be able to do that annually at home vs the dealer.
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

mickblues

So I notice when riding for a while and engine gets real hot that when accelerating on take off when i let the clutch out its choppy. The When i turned the bike off and tried restarting it doesn't start. I tried several times. I have to wait for the engine to settle or im thinking cool down then starts up.

Bike performs flawlessly until engine gets super hot then these issues arise.   Any ideas?

Hilly13

Do you mean the bike won't turn over when it's hot or it spins over but won't fire?
Just because its said don't make it so

mickblues

June 18, 2019, 10:59:24 PM #29 Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:08:19 PM by mickblues
Quote from: Hilly13 on June 18, 2019, 10:44:36 PM
Do you mean the bike won't turn over when it's hot or it spins over but won't fire?

It wasn't turning over. I had to let it sit for 20-30 mins before trying again.  I have a video trying to upload but can't

2006FXDCI

Hot seizing the pistons ?
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

FXDBI

Sounds like you need another new top end.   Bob

mickblues

Pistons aren't seizing and just got new top end. Spoke to the tuner said that cranking fuel settings might be to high for the temp. Said to bring back in and he can adjust. Said not uncommon for builds like mine

cheech

If you paid to have this built and tuned and then have these kind of issues. You need to find a more competent builder/tuner!!!

mickblues

Im bringing it to a reputable tuner who uses tts mastertune

Hilly13

Mick it should never not turn over from heat, I'm a bit worried for you to be honest, are you near any of the regular shops on here? someone that knows their stuff needs to have a look before you spend any more money on tuning it.
Just because its said don't make it so