April 19, 2024, 02:30:14 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2016 SG high speed wobble

Started by Mainecat, January 27, 2019, 05:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mainecat

So my buddy has been able to do some high speed runs and says there is no more high speed wobble.

Hossamania

What did he end up doing to solve the issue?
Also, did it have a slow speed wobble? (Hands off, decelerating to a stop?) If so, is that cured as well?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

1workinman

Quote from: Hossamania on June 24, 2019, 05:50:34 PM
What did he end up doing to solve the issue?
Also, did it have a slow speed wobble? (Hands off, decelerating to a stop?) If so, is that cured as well?
Hoss I rather curious what was the problem . my 13 road glide had the caster or death wobble at 80 or so and it was un nerving  damn . It fixed now I tested it several times now an it happens very quickly lol 

Mainecat

Replaced rear swing arm bushings with aftermarket.

Hossamania

Good to know, thanks for that info.
You had mentioned the force needed line up the bushings with the tranny, did you do anything about that, or just assemble and go? No new tires?
Glad he's back safely on the road.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Mainecat

No, we did nothing about the force needed to line the transmission up to the rear swing arm pivot bolt.  We thought about breaking loose the motor mounts to relieve that unsprung pressure, but decided not to potentially open a bigger can of worms.