April 18, 2024, 10:48:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

r/s shock on 2011 ultra limited

Started by moose, June 07, 2019, 05:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

was heading to lake george when my bud behind me was getting oil all over his fairing

we pulled over and I found the r/s shock blowing oil all over the place.   tried about 10 different dealers and no one had one.  so I ordered one  do I loose the oil in the opposite side as well or do I just replace the r/s shock does it come pre oiled ?   tia
Moose aka Glenn-

Ohio HD

If these are factory air shocks, the oil reservoirs are individual, they do not transfer through the air lines.

As far as new, do they have oil? I don't know.

Hossamania

They should have oil in them when new, I believe they come with plugs in them to hold the oil.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

jmorton10

Rather than buy a new one from Harley, I would throw the other one out & buy a decent set of shocks.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Harley says the oil in these shocks is "not serviceable."  So I'd imagine the new shocks come filled.

hbkeith

The oil is serviceable by the Hillbilly shock press method as  lots of us here have done . but I totally agree with  John on not wasting your money on another junk shock

Quote from: hbkeith on June 09, 2019, 06:24:02 AM
The oil is serviceable by the Hillbilly shock press method as  lots of us here have done . but I totally agree with  John on not wasting your money on another junk shock

Yes, agreed it can be done. But, being that Harley says it can't, and the OP has already purchased a new one, I would think the new one from harley would cone filled.

moose

Moose aka Glenn-