April 23, 2024, 07:14:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

fork cartridges

Started by dynarat, June 10, 2019, 11:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dynarat

any one used k tech fork cartridges in there 49mm dyna forks or any other brand fork cartridges.did they make much of a differance

doctorevil

Yes i have installed and ridden them in the dynas.Not worth the 900 bucks . I do not like the feel of the rebound. Get the racetech kit, springs and emulators. 250 to 275$ and 20 or 30 wt oil if your running dual front disc or over #200LB

dynarat

Dan

Richor Intiminators are another option. I nstalled them with Progressive springs in my 01 Dyna and ride is improved. Less fork dive and handles bumps with better control. Added Progeessive 444's and the ride is supple and surefooted.

ThumperDeuce

Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

jmorton10

I put Progressive Monotubes (& Ohlin rear shocks) in my 2007 Roadking.  The monotubes work great for the price, & the Ohlin's where a 1000% improvement over the garbage Progressive shocks that where on the bike when I bought it.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

dynarat

thanks guys havnt been on here for awhile guess i wont know till i buy and try for my self .bought a pair of racing bros 13'' piggy back shocks for the rear gave me a bit more ground clearance and are better than stock shocks which are chrome junk to be fair. but wished i spent a bit more on a better quality shock.ohlins race tech or k tech .use race tech imulators in my vmx bikes and really like them but thought these cartriges may be even better.can get a good deal on k tech and have heard they are a quality product

Nastytls

I have an Ohlins kit with Ti Nitride coated fork tubes and Ohlins piggyback shocks. Definitely worth it. I wouldn't waste my money on anything that involves keeping the factory damping rod in there which is why I waited until I could afford the quality stuff.

If you don't like the feel of a specific setting you can completely change it vs. trying to change the feel via. adding/subtracting fork oil or changing viscosity.

cpiccarr

June 25, 2019, 06:15:18 AM #8 Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:19:21 AM by cpiccarr
I also looking for ideas. I ride 2010 Road Glide Custom suspension sucked that was stock. Purchased Progressive 12" 444 better. I bought 13"Ohlins from Howard problem solved for the rear shocks
. Now the front suspension. I was thinking Race Tech with their springs and emulators. Anyone used them? Results?

mrmike

I have the Ohlins in the rear and replaced the front with the progressive mono-tubes, in all honesty I should have done the Ohlins as my first mod on the bike instead of taking an ass pounding for 10 years, the progressive mono-tubes are a nice change from the stock for sure but after seeing the Ohlins cartridges in Laconia at the Ohlins tent I see this winters mod coming. Lol

If money is an issue Rick (04SEDeuce) can help you do it right and not cost an arm and a leg, using emulators, springs and the right fork oil. He da man.

Mike

I'm not leaving til I have a good time

klammer76

Quote from: mrmike on June 25, 2019, 07:28:07 PM
I have the Ohlins in the rear and replaced the front with the progressive mono-tubes, in all honesty I should have done the Ohlins as my first mod on the bike instead of taking an ass pounding for 10 years, the progressive mono-tubes are a nice change from the stock for sure but after seeing the Ohlins cartridges in Laconia at the Ohlins tent I see this winters mod coming. Lol

If money is an issue Rick (04SEDeuce) can help you do it right and not cost an arm and a leg, using emulators, springs and the right fork oil. He da man.

Mike
I agree

dynarat

Quote from: Nastytls on June 25, 2019, 04:57:19 AM
I have an Ohlins kit with Ti Nitride coated fork tubes and Ohlins piggyback shocks. Definitely worth it. I wouldn't waste my money on anything that involves keeping the factory damping rod in there which is why I waited until I could afford the quality stuff.

If you don't like the feel of a specific setting you can completely change it vs. trying to change the feel via. adding/subtracting fork oil or changing viscosity.
which ohlins piggy back did you go with and did you go stock lenght or longer

cpiccarr

I think 159HD from Howard. I did not get the outside reservoir's same shock. The length 13.25 .

dynarat

so ive gone with ktech fork cartridges big improvement and reconmended no diving on bracking feel good on sharp bumps kerbs  every thing  .the guy also lent me some k tech bullit 13.5 shocks the ride is real nice with those to. but fast cornering not so shall . its winter here and roads are a bit damp bike seemed a bit weird on a couple of corners not sure if it was the shocks or greezy road but over bumps and normal stuff the rear feels  smooth no back jarring at all. all getting ready for the bumps ahead . going to take it for another ride today when frost goes.no adjustment or springs on these rear shocks  .been talking to another suspension guy and he can do me a pair of sportster ohlins 141 remote resivor revalved for my dyna they are 336mm with +10mm in length adjustment and 98mm stroke . so around 13.6''.so far bike is night and day difference

Nastytls

Quote from: dynarat on June 27, 2019, 12:29:21 AM
Quote from: Nastytls on June 25, 2019, 04:57:19 AM

which ohlins piggy back did you go with and did you go stock lenght or longer

AFAIK, there is only 1 piggyback available for Dynas, not sure of the model number. I went with the 13.5 which I extended the full length to about 14".

dynarat

Norton Commando

Quote from: Dan on June 18, 2019, 07:35:56 AM
Richor Intiminators are another option. I nstalled them with Progressive springs in my 01 Dyna and ride is improved. Less fork dive and handles bumps with better control. Added Progeessive 444's and the ride is supple and surefooted.

:up:
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

Hossamania

Quote from: dynarat on August 03, 2019, 08:14:51 PM
[attach=0,msg1309729]

Just seeing those wrenches on the floor, bike ready to be worked on, hurts my knees!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

dynarat

just had knee surgery ha ha