April 26, 2024, 02:43:25 PM

News:

sylvania led 1157 bulbs

Started by carolinayarddog, June 11, 2019, 12:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolinayarddog

12 Street Glide; Installed a set on the front turn signals (wouldnt fit the back); the turn signals work but fastflash; is there a workaround without having to install a load balancer?

Yarddog

Rusticwater

Don't believe so for your model year, you don't have a BCM. I use the Biketronics unit. Small, computerized, totally plug and play, lifetime warranty.

California Phil can get it for you, should be Drag Specialties #2050-0079 (Biketronics BT801M) link

I use LEDs in my 2010 Dyna bullet turn signals that might fit yours, want the part number? I tested a few of them here. I don't use the standard lens though, so I don't if they would fit with them.
Support the Maine lobster industry

calif phil

That is great advice there. :up:  If you have a 2014 and up you would be OK. 

carolinayarddog

Yes I would, and thanks; Just like the LED's so much more

Yarddog

carolinayarddog

Thank you too, Phil; just may  solve the problem soon by getting a 16 Road Glide. Nobody told me being a biker would be cheap or easy

Yarddog

Coyote

I've never had to use a load equalizer on my 2010,2011 or 2012.

IIRC, I just turn on the ignition and go back and forth with the left blinker, right blinker repeat for a bunch of times. Has always worked so far to stop the error blinking. YMMV

The CANBUS bikes will relearn using the hazzard flashers

Rusticwater

Quote from: Coyote on June 11, 2019, 12:45:27 PM

IIRC, I just turn on the ignition and go back and forth with the left blinker, right blinker repeat for a bunch of times. Has always worked so far to stop the error blinking. YMMV

Now I'm curious. Did your dash indicators flash at the correct rate too?

Several years ago when I was in Houston I changed the rear lighting on my Dyna. I installed a Biketronics BT300 Run/Stop/Turn Signal module. At that time I was going to switch to Radiantz LED turn signals too so I bought the Biketronics BT801 at the same time. However, the Radiantz wouldn't fit with my AutoGem lenses, so I stayed with regular bulbs.

This spring I went to LEDs finally (still use the AutoGem lenses though). When I first tried the LEDs I got the fast flashing...but I already had the BT801 on the shelf so I installed it, fixed the problem.

Rusticwater

June 11, 2019, 01:36:30 PM #7 Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:42:51 PM by Rusticwater
Quote from: Rusticwater on June 11, 2019, 12:33:41 PM
I use LEDs in my 2010 Dyna bullet turn signals that might fit yours, want the part number? I tested a few of them here. I don't use the standard lens though, so I don't if they would fit with them.

Quote from: carolinayarddog on June 11, 2019, 12:41:11 PM
Yes I would, and thanks; Just like the LED's so much more

Yarddog

I use 'switchback" 1157 LEDs in the front. White running lights, yellow turn signals. Incredibly bright. front

In the rear I use 1156 red LEDs. Incredibly bright. These also work with my Run/Stop/Turn Signal module. rear

Both of those bulbs were the shortest I tried, but they feature advanced circuitry and were also the brightest. You can see them in the photos from the other thread I linked to.

FWIW I also have a BAL1 and just recently installed a 5.75" JW Speaker Adaptive 2 (Thank you California Phil!). Highly recommended. So I've gone total LED.

Langwilliams

I just picked up a set of custom dynamics LEDs an the directions said sometimes you need to run the flashers or 5 minutes so the system will learn the new load level.

choseneasy

Anybody got recommendations for a 2008 Softail. I had a friend ask me this morning what would work on his bike.
Good timing this thread!

choseneasy

Just read thru- think I got all the info I need.

carolinayarddog

Thx for the link Rustic; Those 1157's will be going in my F150 instead of the drawer, after I try the five minute flasher trick from the other post; great forum

carolinayarddog

Just tried the flasher trick; it worked. Thx Coyote

Coyote

Rusticwater

[attach=0]

Well, I was going to try unplugging the equalizer and see if Coyote's method would work on my Dyna. So I removed the seat and saw this...I know the equalizer is in there somewhere, I now remember it took me about 20 minutes to get everything tucked neatly away when I installed it! So I'm just going to leave things well enough alone...

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: Coyote on June 11, 2019, 12:45:27 PM

That's interesting, I would like to use LED bulbs in my 12 EG but didn't think I could get by just changing the bulbs.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Y2KRKNG

Quote from: carolinayarddog on June 11, 2019, 03:04:04 PM
Thx for the link Rustic; Those 1157's will be going in my F150 instead of the drawer, after I try the five minute flasher trick from the other post; great forum

FYI, If you try putting LEDs BLs in a Ford with E4OD you'll be in for a world of hurt.
ATP(TurboHarry)95",Mik45,Branch/Mik "Flowmetric" heads,TW55,T.Header 2-1

SixShooter14

Quote from: Y2KRKNG on June 13, 2019, 07:52:30 AM
Quote from: carolinayarddog on June 11, 2019, 03:04:04 PM

FYI, If you try putting LEDs BLs in a Ford with E4OD you'll be in for a world of hurt.
I believe the problem you mention is due to the PCM believing the brake is pressed due to the resistance differential between the LED and traditional bulbs. It makes the tranny hunt for gears and kick in/out of OD or lock/unlock the TC.

I've heard of guys fixing the issue with additional relays to bump up the resistance of the brake light circuit to match the OEM bulb resistance. But, I've not done it myself. YMMV
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i