March 28, 2024, 06:06:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fitting one removable tour pack for 2 different bikes

Started by dablaze, June 16, 2019, 08:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dablaze

Hi

I am thinking someone has probably already done this so...

I have a 2006 FLHX with a removable tour pack. I know that my 2009 police roadking has a newer frame diagnosed and things are not meant to interchange, that being said, how difficult would it be to adapt something so that there would be docking hardware on my 2009 that would fit my tour-pack?

Thanks,
Craig
Second Shift Cycle

rigidthumper

I believe the only requirement is the 4 point docking hardware kit (54205-09A) and tour pack mount(53276-09B), then bolt your TP onto the mount.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

dablaze

I guess the question is...my tour pack currently has the pre -09 tour pack mount. Will the mounts line up with -09 hardware?

I keep both bikes in different cities so comparison is a bit of a pain.

Thanks
Craig
Second Shift Cycle

Skin

It will not work from bike to bike without a new, '09 -later tour pak bracket and mount hardwear. I tried doing the same thing. I have an '05 RG and a '11RG You'll probably need to pick one of the bikes for the tour pac, either that or buy 2 seperates complete tour pak for each bike. I chose to use the tour pak on the '11 but only when I travel and turned the '05 into my around town bike.