March 28, 2024, 01:48:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New guy from England

Started by stratcat, April 02, 2019, 08:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratcat

Stumbled across this site while looking for info on my new M8 Softail.
Hi there! :SM:

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Arkansas, USA

You can find all kinds of good info in the M8 and General technical sections. If you can't find something, just ask.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

sfmichael

Hello stratcat  :beer:

Welcome to HTT  :chop:

I'll be in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks...what can I expect for weather?
Colorado Springs, CO.

harttoo

jls 64

Another welcome fron central py.
js

Ckduallie

2015 CVO Ultra Limited.

Macket

hi mate,,,from London England

stratcat

Quote from: sfmichael on April 02, 2019, 09:48:36 AM
Hello stratcat  :beer:

Welcome to HTT  :chop:

I'll be in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks...what can I expect for weather?
Who knows!
Four or so weeks ago we were basking in 15-20 degree celsius weather (in Feb - bizarre!), while earlier this week some places had a covering of snow. :dgust:
It should have warmed up a little more, it's rare to get freezing temps after the tail end of April but it'll definitely rain. And, if we are lucky it might warm up again :SM:

Where abouts are you planning to go while you are over here because, while the UK isn't as big as the US, the changes can be quite significant over a very short distance especially as you travel northwards.
Enjoy your trip!

kp68

Hello. I joined a month ago, or so and think it is a nice HD forum. I was born in England (Wallasey)and came with my parents on the QE in 51. Enjoy your ride.

Nooter99

Quote from: kp68 on April 05, 2019, 12:07:47 PM
Hello. I joined a month ago, or so and think it is a nice HD forum. I was born in England (Wallasey)and came with my parents on the QE in 51. Enjoy your ride.

I know this thread is getting a little old, but I had to reply!
I immigrated over here (born in London) with MY parents on the QE in "68!
Small world.
Better to die a million dollars in debt, than with a million in the bank!