Few questions about vtune 3 and viewing histogram while riding

Started by N-gin, March 30, 2019, 02:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-gin

I just recently started using the Flight Recorder with the blue interface.
I set it up using the FR for standard and vtune.
Here are my questions:
#1 how do I view the vtune table where it shows all the cells it changed? I'm talking about the red to white cell change after loading the vtune info to generate the calibration. Back when I was collecting with the laptop and black interface it would show a screen to show the change in maps. Then I would select accept changes.
#2 Is there a way to view the histogram while collecting vtune with the FR, or would I just have to hook up the black interface and laptop, like I did in the past, and view the histogram on the laptop that way, while collecting data for vtune?
#3 I noticed that the blue interface, in FR mode, generates 5 or so files. How do I combine them into one flight recording to view? Or is it just how it works and the individual files will have to be viewed separately, and when it comes time to load the FR I just have to make sure to add the individual files to the Vtune3 to generate the new Cal.

Damian
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

N-gin

I think I may have just figured out how to view histogram.
Go to record data. Hook up lap top, plug laptop in my mirror/monitor and bit the closed course.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

harpwrench

If I remember right you need to use advanced mode to be able to review changes. It creates a new file each time it's powered on, you can't combine recordings for viewing histograms. But you can combine in vtune for generating your next tune.

wolf_59

Quote from: harpwrench on March 30, 2019, 07:09:19 AM
If I remember right you need to use advanced mode to be able to review changes. It creates a new file each time it's powered on, you can't combine recordings for viewing histograms. But you can combine in vtune for generating your next tune.
:up: I just got started on helping my buddy with his tune using FR and found this out

N-gin

Thank you.
I'll just have to keep on tunning and not be afraid to try stuff.
Did good this time.

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Hilly13

How are you going with it now?
I mounted the tablet to the bars so I could see what I was doing, made it easier, to get this sort of fill takes a few more strategies than just hold in one spot though, multiple wind ons in all gears from low rpm will help, you sweep through the cells repeatedly untill you get the data, it's doable but you got to be dedicated.

[attach=0,msg1302720]

[attach=1,msg1302720]
Just because its said don't make it so