April 18, 2024, 01:50:00 PM

News:

thoughts on this build....

Started by cgaulzetti, July 24, 2019, 01:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgaulzetti

so i've been reading a lot and talking to folks about how to turn my little Street Bob into the bike I want it to be. I already have a Memphis Shades fairing, 10" San Diego bars, a custom Whiplash seat, and some dominion collection grips and pegs. Oh! and retro looking AMF style decals on the Red Denim tank too- The bike also got a RWD shock the other day...

I don't know shi'ite from shinola but i've been reading and talking to folks and looking at dyno charts and comparing cam numbers and have tried a few different bikes. the folks at Feuling are close by and I like supporting local companies for sure- and that 508 cam looks pretty bitchin....

So here's what I'm thinking for the go fast stuff:

S&S 124 big bore kit

Feuling 508 Camshaft kit w/lifters, bearing, gaskets etc.

Feuling Velocity Stack

Feuling Injectors

Feuling Beehive Spring

Feuling One Piece Push Rods

HPI 58mm Throttle Body

I should probably do ARP studs and head bolts too- but man this stuff gets expensive.  Even if I hang the parts on the bike myself- I'll still need to cough up the money to get someone awesome to Dyno tune it.

I'm still up in the air about exhaust too. I welded something up myself that I may try- it's a two into one that i think should work ok. the dyno tuner i talked too and trust likes bassani 2-1s and D&D pipes- but as soon as I got this bike I called up for an RB Racing exhaust. I haven't gotten it yet- so I'll need to put something on the bike in the mean time. (I'm kind of scared to call and check on it honestly!)

You'll notice I don't have cylinder heads here. I don't know- I haven't seen flow numbers that suggest that it's really worth it. The stock heads look like they flow pretty good. Some folks have told me the SE heads don't actually do anything compared to the stock heads on the M8.

One thing I'm still on the fence about is whether the S&S big bore kit or the Screaming' Eagle or the Fuel Moto big bore kit makes the most sense. I like the higher compression from the Fuel Moto and SE option- I like the size of the S&S and the Fuel Moto- but maybe the lower compression of the S&S makes sense for our shitty 91 gas here?

I'd appreciate your thoughts!

C

Txwezl

IMHO you should be fine with 11:1 with that cam on 91 octane with a good tune. That should still be just under 220 CCP. At 10.5 you'd be under 210 CCP even with a .030 head gasket.

rigidthumper

124 build should be able to use the HPI 62TB & injectors... Gonna need a clutch upgrade. ( and a good supply of tires :) )
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

yobtaf103

July 24, 2019, 11:19:53 PM #3 Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:33:37 PM by yobtaf103
S&S 124 are 11-1 now come with 30 thou head gasket, need to zero deck probably
FM use re-branded S&S 124 cyl but with carrillo pistons iirc

H'mm with the springs/throttle body spend path why not go Feuling 521 cam if sticking with the brand loyalty ?

mike jesse

I would suggest shopping and or contacting the tuner and run the combo by them prior to turning a wrench.

The tuner will make or break the outcome.

Fact.