Subtle valve train noise while moving under acceleration on 124 build.

Started by Vision, October 07, 2019, 03:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vision

Getting some subtle valve train noise and only under acceleration while moving.  Bike is performing flawlessly 6000+ miles since 124 Build.  I don't think it's the rocker arms because I had the tech use Feuling Rocker arm shafts in the rebuild.  I do remember the tech not being familiar with the Fuel Moto pushrods that I supplied along with the Wood 408 cam.  Question to the experts,  is it possible that the pushrods could use an adjustment?  How much is involved with that if need be?

Rsw

Vision

Actually I'm not sure.  I've never experienced it before.  Again,  no power loss and I only seem to hear it up to about 2600 RPMs or so and them it stops.   

rbabos

Quote from: Vision on October 07, 2019, 11:10:57 PM
Actually I'm not sure.  I've never experienced it before.  Again,  no power loss and I only seem to hear it up to about 2600 RPMs or so and them it stops.
Valve train has no connection to load. It's something else like ping or the compensator.
Ron

kd

:agree:   Check for exhaust leaks too.  What type of breather do you have?  It could be the breather / overlap sounding off.  That's about the right RPM for both of those situations.
KD

Sunny Jim

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Don D

Hossamania

Is throttle body "flutter" or "clucking" still a thing? It used to be an issue making noise and not being identified as the source, chasing other causes. Certain air cleaners seemed to cause or transfer more noise than others.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Bandit1723