April 25, 2024, 03:04:50 AM

News:

Solenoid replacement 1974 FLH

Started by NKBull, February 22, 2019, 06:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKBull

This is my first post. This forum has been a great help. I tried to search this issue, but no luck. I have recently purchased a 1974 FLH. The plastic on the solenoid is cracked around both posts. I purchased a new one. My question is, do I need to remove the primary cover to gain access for the removal and install. Is there any thing I should be prepared for when doing the install or removing? Righteous Respect!! Bull

Ohio HD

No, just disconnect the battery cable at the battery first.

And I would invest in a factory service manual owning a Shovel. It'll come in really handy.

NKBull

david lee

didnt know they are plastic. mines rubber but thats on an fx

Ohio HD

The solenoid cap is plastic on all Shovel solenoids. The boot over the solenoid is rubber.

david lee

Quote from: Ohio HD on February 22, 2019, 09:38:13 PM
The solenoid cap is plastic on all Shovel solenoids. The boot over the solenoid is rubber.
now i get it. the cap not the cover

HotRodShovel

Hey Bull....glad you came over..  Many of these guys will give you far better advice than me, after all, this is where I come for answers. When you get some time post pics of your new pride and joy in the 'Show Those Shovels' section.  See you in a few Brother.
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

HotRodShovel

Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

NKBull

Thanks for giving it the once over yesterday bro. She should come back to life on Monday. When she does, you'll be the first to know.