March 29, 2024, 05:36:06 AM

News:

Got Upstaged

Started by Harpo, June 06, 2017, 10:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Recently got my latest project on the road - Old school 70's style chopper, '68 Shovel, '57 rigid frame, 10" over, upsweep fishtails, etc. - draws a crowd where ever I park it.  Around here it's kind of rare to see anything "old", I mean, some people even point to the kick start pedal and say, "what's that?"  So last Sunday I'm parked at one of the local hang outs and what pulls in? - an ORIGINAL '49 with a SIDECAR no less.  It was frikk'n AWSOME...........Oh well, my claim to glory had a very short life..........Just shows you that it's good to see people that keep the old iron go'in.  Keep it up boys.............

Deye76

:up: Not to worry, chopped Pan's will always be cool.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

HogMike

Quote from: Harpo on June 06, 2017, 10:33:51 AM
Recently got my latest project on the road - Old school 70's style chopper, '68 Shovel, '57 rigid frame, 10" over, upsweep fishtails, etc. - draws a crowd where ever I park it.  Around here it's kind of rare to see anything "old", I mean, some people even point to the kick start pedal and say, "what's that?"  So last Sunday I'm parked at one of the local hang outs and what pulls in? - an ORIGINAL '49 with a SIDECAR no less.  It was frikk'n AWSOME...........Oh well, my claim to glory had a very short life..........Just shows you that it's good to see people that keep the old iron go'in.  Keep it up boys.............

My '49 Pan had the knuck fenders and trim along with the springer fork. It was ordered for sidecar use.
My dealer said this was prior to the factory offering adjustable fork trees. Seems the bike didn't handle very well with the stock glide front end without the offset trees. Adjustable trees were offered in '50 I believe.
BTW, the springer fork was "offset" top tree.
From memory, so don't quote me!
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

CraigArizona85248

I'm a chopper fan, so I'd still love to gawk at your chop. Not that I don't appreciate an original bike. It certainly takes more discipline too keep a bike original. But I love all the unique features of custom chops.

-craig