April 17, 2024, 11:04:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TMAX map for my 116" have a look

Started by itsafatboy, February 20, 2019, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

Hi my setup is a 116" 11.3 comp fatboy ,  been using this map for about a year would like some opinions, I have made changes to AFR and timing quite a few , 

116"
11.3 comp
zippers billet heads 2.0 int , 1.63ex
boarzilla from a dyna , quite baffle
TW9BG cams running at +2
53mm HPI intake

bike runs fine just would like some opinions on areas I have done wrong or would be better , I have no pinging issues , but it is pretty fat AFR,  the timing was taken from base but modified based on some other high comp, maps , mostley in the low and mid rpm areas , added timing ,

Barrett

It seems like a build like that would like a larger throttle body.

That's just going by what I see.. I'm not a pro and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. ;)

itsafatboy

I thought that also, but when I sent throttle body to HPI for a blade bearing mod, I was going to go 55mm they said that they would stay with the 53mm ,  something about velocity ,  I did get 132hp 140tq when I had the TW8G cams awhile ago

itsafatboy

changed it a bit more , for little less rich ,

rigidthumper

Can you record data while riding? That would tell you what AFR you are asking for, at which RPM. You may find you are only at 10% throttle at 60 MPH, flat & level as you wave at the guy shooting radar :). No need to have a rich AFR there. I like to cruise ~13.8:1, power between 12.8-13.2:1, and decel just rich enough to not pop.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

q1svt

Quote from: itsafatboy on February 21, 2019, 12:08:06 PM
I thought that also, but when I sent throttle body to HPI for a blade bearing mod, I was going to go 55mm they said that they would stay with the 53mm ,  something about velocity ,  I did get 132hp 140tq when I had the TW8G cams awhile ago

I'm late to your post... but I run a HPI 55 on a built 95'er 06sg, the key was the heavy breather from an 08 Dyna (smaller cross section than the bagger versions), the dyna just happen to match up very well with to the HPI openings) it more then doubles the runner length...  the HPI 53 would see an improvement (if you like the look of a HB, and no need to change TMax timing tables and fuel curves as a HPI 55 would require).
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.