April 19, 2024, 04:59:01 AM

News:

Target Tune on the dyno???

Started by 838, February 25, 2019, 11:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bike already has target tune installed. If the bike is going in for a tune would there be any added benefit to keeping the target tune installed? Bike has target tune at 96" and it's being upped to 110" and will be getting a thorough tune.

Jamie Long

Quote from: 838 on February 25, 2019, 11:54:54 AM
Bike already has target tune installed. If the bike is going in for a tune would there be any added benefit to keeping the target tune installed? Bike has target tune at 96" and it's being upped to 110" and will be getting a thorough tune.

Target Tune is bit misunderstood, this module works really well for dyno tuning; it connects directly to the CAN network on the Dynojet dyno, when the tune is completed you then have the benefit of running the widebands for closed loop. You can also control the +/- % corrections and an assortment of parameters beyond the limitations of the factory NB O2's.

Also note there are some awesome Power Vision applications that will be available in the not to distant future that will really help pro tuners and enthusiasts alike.     

lrcormier

I just had my bike dyno tuned with Power Vision and Target Tune, the process was very seamless and seemed to work well. Jamie, I'm curious about the new PV applications you mentioned, is this and update for PV itself or the Winpv software?

joe_lyons

I use target tune for roughing in a base map to get afr close-ish then shut off closed loop and use the recorded afr data then go back through and check everything manually.  Sometimes target tune has issues in some areas and needs to be disabled.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901