April 18, 2024, 02:37:13 PM

News:

Dyno tune again or auto tune?

Started by BadHabit, April 22, 2019, 02:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHabit

April 22, 2019, 02:28:31 AM Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:26:22 AM by BadHabit
I am taking the new build in this weekend for a dyno tune. I have a 2-1 with a white brothers muffler. Ive installed all the discs for the tune (20) but am not sure if I can get used to the extra noise. I usually run 14-16. My question is this. If they tune the motor and it likes 20 the best and I want remove a few discs later will I be able to run auto tune and still be pretty close to the tune or will I be way off?

harpwrench

BadHabit

95"   9.85:1 compression, S&S 570 cams, hdsp street pro heads, big sucker breather and supertrapp/white-brothers pipe

harpwrench

April 22, 2019, 08:44:54 AM #3 Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:50:06 AM by harpwrench
I'd be conservative with the discs, with that cam. I suspect it would like 12-14 at the most for part throttle response and possibly even hp. You won't like it if the tuner goes for maximum discs/power before losing bottom end at WOT, it's not the best way to dial in how it runs overall. WB doesn't need as many as supertrapp. I've run a similar combo of pipe/cam at 103" and also run the WB 2-1 on a V111. My 111 likes 15 discs fwiw.

harpwrench

It's really best if you can figure out the disc count that responds best for normal riding, get it tuned then don't deviate from that after the fact.

BadHabit

For the sake of conversation let's say that the bike makes the most power with 20 discs and is dyno tuned with that many. How close will I be able to get if down the road I choose to back it off to let's say 14 discs will autotune allow me to still keep a very good tune or am I basically starting over from scratch?

harpwrench

It's better to pay extra and get 2 maps, if that's how it pans out, so you know its right.