April 16, 2024, 07:55:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dynojet Harley Fuel Tap readings

Started by jjdalynh, May 10, 2019, 04:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdalynh

:scratch:
either the pressure transducer on my fuel tap is broken or i don't understand the spec....  with the tap disconnected from the bike, it should read atmospheric pressure, right?   14.7(at sea level) and the transducer reading the difference between atmo and input pressure should give a 0 difference.  0 difference for the transducer corresponds to .5V?

the output i'm getting in raw volts is 0. 

rigidthumper

The transducer is designed to read diaphragm movement- if there is no fuel pressure, there is no diaphragm movement.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

jjdalynh

from what I can tell, 0psi should read .5V, 100ps should read 4.5.  I've got 0V.  methinks my transducer is broken.

rigidthumper

Verify 5V reference is getting to the sensor, and that the ground is good as well.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

jjdalynh

yup, first thing i did.  5V measured at pins when disconnected, 4.75V (within spec) backprobed while plugged in.  new sensor on its way anyways. 

jjdalynh

bad transducer.  new one from onlinecomponents.com and it's all good now, 59.x psi all around