April 19, 2024, 04:31:50 AM

News:

Exaust

Started by crock, March 09, 2019, 07:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crock

Has anyone here ever modified exhaust from a newer model(say an evo) to fit a shovel? With exhaust selection becoming ever more limited (and expensive) just looking at possible options.
Crock

JW113

Apples and loganberries. With the demise of Cycle Shack, there is not a lot out there indeed. Take a look at Paughco, they seem to have a fair selection.

Hope you don't live in California!

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

guppymech

I have some Paughco tapered muffler staggered duals for my FXE and they work and fit good, also the baffle is bendable to get more sound.  I was looking on ebay for some NOS slip-on mufflers for my stock staggered dual pipes with the crossover and like you I was finding nothing.  What I did see was a lot of Dyna mufflers and they have a nice long T-bolt channel on the back of them for easy mounting and I'm pretty sure the inlet is 1.75" like Shovel pipes.  You might want to look at those.
'84 FXE, '02 883R

waltcentral

My new to me 1983 FLH has what looks to be a complete Paughco crossover system with fishtail mufflers.  If I put a long screwdriver in the muffler from the rear there is what feels like a plate angled toward the front. Guppymech, what is the best way to adjust the baffles? Does the baffle plate
just bend forward? This exhaust is very quiet.

guppymech

Quote from: waltcentral on March 10, 2019, 07:50:02 AM
My new to me 1983 FLH has what looks to be a complete Paughco crossover system with fishtail mufflers.  If I put a long screwdriver in the muffler from the rear there is what feels like a plate angled toward the front. Guppymech, what is the best way to adjust the baffles? Does the baffle plate
just bend forward? This exhaust is very quiet.
To bend the baffle I flattened the end of a piece of conduit I had laying around.  After flattening it I formed the end into a curve to match the inside of the baffle then pounded it in to move the baffle tongue up, go slow as you can't pull it down again.  Use a bigger pipe as necessary.

'84 FXE, '02 883R

waltcentral

Thanks guppymech, Looking forward from the back of my fishtails I can the the baffle plate but it does not have the holes or look like yours. May be Asian knockoffs.
   I would love to hear from someone running the Gasbox 2-1 system with cigar muffler.