March 28, 2024, 03:46:01 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FLH extended brake pedal

Started by waltcentral, September 10, 2019, 04:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

I have gotten used to using the brake pedal but it would be nice to fee up some space for my big feet on the floorboards. I have checked the interwebs but nowhere found a forward extended reach brake pedal.  I have found a good way to move the floorboards out. Any idea's.

Hossamania

September 10, 2019, 05:19:45 AM #1 Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 05:43:14 AM by Hossamania
Delete
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Hossamania

What I've seen in the past is custom mods, cut, weld in an extension. Sorry I can't help with a bolt on fix.

Hossamania

Mule

Mine is home made ,cut and weld....

fbn ent

Mine is home made ,cut and weld....and chrome.  :up:

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

76shuvlinoff

I was able to roll mine forward by shortening the master cyl rod and welding a new stop on the pedal arm. I did not try to extend it.

[attach=0]
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

waltcentral

looks good 76, the V-twin part is cheap enough with my discount though.

JW113

I just take that Chevy pickup brake plate and pad off, and use the small square Panhead style brake pad. Works fine and no concern about getting foot trapped.

[attach=0]

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Burnout

Yes I don't like the big heavy brake pads, I think they contribute to pivot bushing wear.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"