March 28, 2024, 03:49:54 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tire Balancing

Started by IronButt70, July 11, 2019, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronButt70

Just stumbled across this and thought this sounds like a great idea if it works. I've used Ride-On tire sealant in the past but it's a mess to deal with when it comes time for a new tire. Anyone here have experience with this product?
https://eztirebeads.com/?fbclid=IwAR0GhkH21lBxGqsVyaXCelsnLf5w9ayQlNQk7ciZgL3RCASJyoO1opBQF3A
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

Hossamania

Do a search here, they've been discussed many, many times. Some love them, some not.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

IronButt70

Quote from: Hossamania on July 11, 2019, 10:57:41 AM
Do a search here, they've been discussed many, many times. Some love them, some not.
Thanks. Will do.

chaos901

Look at a product called "Ride-On" too.  When searching the dash is important.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

IronButt70

Quote from: chaos901 on July 11, 2019, 11:10:37 AM
Look at a product called "Ride-On" too.  When searching the dash is important.
See first post. My indy tire changer hates it. Too much mess. :banghead:

Seems like the beads are a love/hate relationship here. Probably going to try it and form my own opinion. I'm a glutton for punishment anyway.   :SM:

92flhtcu

Ride-On is not a mess unless it gets over 400f, it works, period.
Need a bigger garage

chaos901

QuoteSee first post. My indy tire changer hates it. Too much mess.

Got to work on my reading comprehension.   
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

koko3052

Quote from: IronButt70 on July 11, 2019, 10:55:41 AM
Just stumbled across this and thought this sounds like a great idea if it works. I've used Ride-On tire sealant in the past but it's a mess to deal with when it comes time for a new tire. Anyone here have experience with this product?
https://eztirebeads.com/?fbclid=IwAR0GhkH21lBxGqsVyaXCelsnLf5w9ayQlNQk7ciZgL3RCASJyoO1opBQF3A

I use something very similar. It's packaged for class 8 truck tires so a bag of it does 4-6 bike tires. You can get it at any tire shop that repairs big truck tires and if I remember correctly I only paid 3-4 bucks /bag. Plus I change my own tires so I save most of it from the worn tire & add fresh to make up the difference. When I go out to the shop I will look what the brand name of it is.

ThumperDeuce

When it comes time for a new tire, just use a hole saw to extract the beads.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

calif phil

Quote from: ThumperDeuce on July 12, 2019, 06:04:28 AM
When it comes time for a new tire, just use a hole saw to extract the beads.

I use a plastic cap off a can of spray paint.  Hold the cap inside the tire and then roll the tire and they roll right into the plastic cap.

Ride-On does not make a mess.   I bet the OP's indy is confusing it with Slime which does make a mess. 

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: calif phil on July 12, 2019, 07:46:49 AM

Ride-On does not make a mess.   I bet the OP's indy is confusing it with Slime which does make a mess.

:agree:

Ride-on congeals after installation... take the tire off, flip it over, spin it around..... nothing comes out  :up: :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

IronButt70

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on July 12, 2019, 09:06:35 AM
Quote from: calif phil on July 12, 2019, 07:46:49 AM

:agree:

Ride-on congeals after installation... take the tire off, flip it over, spin it around..... nothing comes out  :up: :up:
I'll have to ask him about that. I know he hates working on the ones with balancer fluid but I never specifically asked him about which one. Ride-on leave anything stuck on the rim?

92flhtcu

Ride-On will not even get close to the rim, it will stay a gel like consistency UNLESS the tire gets low on air and gets over 400'F, then it will thin out and turn a watery brown.
check out their site, make sure you put the dash in the address

www.ride-on.com

Need a bigger garage