March 29, 2024, 12:30:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Almost ready to move over to an M8 - Couple questions

Started by biggzed, July 01, 2019, 07:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggzed

I think I've talked myself in to a 2017/2018 Road King Special. Not in the market for a 2019 even though it has the 114. Too much money and I've got some things I want to do to it, so I need to look at a used bike.

Here's my question. My current '07 RG has a 103" that makes 114/120. Dyno sheet for it is last post on the last page in the dyno section. What tuner/cam/exhaust/intake would you recommend for hitting the same performance as my TC?

There's a few in the dyno section and I've researched them, but would like to get some comments going from people who have done it and have some hands on experience.

Also, fully aware of the oil migration issues. I'm willing to roll the dice and do the "fix" if it is an issue.

Zach

Sunny Jim

M8s are great to ride. There are misgivings about the oiling systems . Be prepared to visit this anomaly on which is otherwise a great bike to ride.

BVHOG

With the present kits available for the M8 it will not break the bank to make that bike kill the old one.  My suggestion is a cyclerama 480 and bore the cyinders for a 117 setup with stock heads and the SE manifold only upgrade. And like always, a good pipe.  I would add a set of S&S lifter alignment blocks to the mix as well as a feuling cam hardware kit.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Helmwurst

I am close to those numbers now with a Fuel Moto head pipe, S&S 45's and a Red Shift 468. Adding head work would likely put me over what you are looking for. It has a nice idle and pulls very hard. I am considering some head work over this coming Winter, which will require me to tear that damn cooing line off again and a new dyno tune. Almost forgot, tuned with a Power Vision.

rigidthumper

From what I've seen, the drop on 124 kits with stock heads, decatted head pipe, Fullsac baffles and a clutch upgrade & tune will be everything you need for less $ than what you'd spend on Dougs Sport Touring package, and break 120 # a thousand RPM sooner.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

prodrag1320

yobtaf103

Got a RGS,great ride no looking back
See Daren Sheffer just done a real nice tune CR480 107, 110 hp/120tq @2.92 rpm, using a Billet cat/S&S Stealth ( ref his FB page)