April 19, 2024, 01:54:58 PM

News:

Stock exhaust with S and S 475C Cam

Started by randyman, July 26, 2019, 05:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyman

My 2017 FLHTK is stock bore, stock heads.  I am running All S and S engine parts, Fuel Moto AC/DC air cleaner and a Vance and Hines Pro pipe.  Cam 475C, adjustable pushrods. Premium lifters, oil pump, cam plate and lifter cuffs.  Tuner is a Power Vision with Fuel Moto Map.  Bike runs well but its loud.  I am reading stock exhaust actually flows well.  I am considering reinstalling stock exhaust.  Anyone else running 475C cam with stock exhaust?

PoorUB

I have run hotter cams with stock exhaust.

Right now my 2016 has the stock, but gutted cat head pipe, stock muffs and running CR 570-2 cams.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

randyman

Im leaning heavily on decatting and stock mufflers

randyman

decatted my original exhaust removed and put stock mufflers back on.  Still running the Fuel Moto map for the pro pipe.  Fuel Moto did send me a new map but I haven't downloaded it to bike.  Bike runs better with decatted and stock mufflers.  I think im going to leave it alone for awhile.

kd

I wouldn't consider "leaving it alone right now" unless I had confirmation the AFR is OK.  :dgust:
KD

Hossamania

Quote from: kd on August 04, 2019, 06:14:43 AM
I wouldn't consider "leaving it alone right now" unless I had confirmation the AFR is OK.  :dgust:

Right, I would at least download the map from FM. But I can understand leaving the rest alone, I did not mind the stock mufflers and decat pipe, relatively quiet was kind of nice. Rode it that way for 4 years. Picked up some Rineharts 3.5" (3"?) mufflers for a great price (thank you Fuel Moto for those and the map), and they aren't too bad for noise either. This on a Twin Cam.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.