April 20, 2024, 04:40:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

10 oz.transmission fluid

Started by hd06, September 18, 2018, 05:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan89flstc

Quote from: PIRSCH FIRE WAGON on January 23, 2019, 07:47:42 PM
Assuming it was at the correct level to begin with, which, it probably was, the Transmission is basically a Gear Box and not a conventional Transmission. 

Please explain...
US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

hd06

I wouldn't want that transmission.

IronMike113

Wow a few liquid ounces,,,,,,,,,  :wtf: And no STINK  Wow that's has to be a first,And still be good to go,,,,,,,, :idunno: One would think there would be a pile of chit on the Magnet drain plug and a Smell one would never Forget,,,,,,,,,  :potstir: (Just Saying)
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

stro1965

Quote from: Helmwurst on January 25, 2019, 05:01:17 AM
Quote from: cmashark on January 24, 2019, 08:05:32 PM
Quote from: Helmwurst on January 24, 2019, 06:04:14 AM
Not sure what happened there above, but what $70 pushrod and who from. I would like to do that to mine to get the shorter lever throw. My 17 RGS has lost trans fluid a couple time , but seems to be getting better.

A shop called Macomb County Choppers on Facebook.
Thanks !! I will check it out

The MCC pushrod will not change your clutch engagement point.

Helmwurst

If the MCC shaft is shorter, it will not reduce the engagement point? Is there any way to adjust the release point on the hydraulic clutch system?

PoorUB

Quote from: Helmwurst on January 27, 2019, 10:08:38 AM
If the MCC shaft is shorter, it will not reduce the engagement point? Is there any way to adjust the release point on the hydraulic clutch system?

No, the hydraulic clutch s "self adjusting" the piston in the slave cylinder retracts from pressure from the clutch. A shorter rod and the slave cylinder will move only as far as the clutch pushed it to, or pretty much zero clearance.

There is  no way to adjust the lever release point. There is a company that manufactures a replacement slave cylinder with a larger diameter to make the clutch pull less and from what I hear the release point is closer to the grip, but it dos not fit all models and it costs a bit of coin.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Maddo Snr

Quote from: PoorUB on January 27, 2019, 11:12:19 AM

There is  no way to adjust the lever release point. There is a company that manufactures a replacement slave cylinder with a larger diameter to make the clutch pull less and from what I hear the release point is closer to the grip, but it dos not fit all models and it costs a bit of coin.

Simple on every other decent bike UB, they just have an adjustable lever. Hell, $7K dirt bikes have them...

Aim-Tamachi.com "Light Force slave cylinder"
2018 FLHX 107
Rinehart 45s, SE cleaner, TTS MasterTune. 92/108

hd06

Look guys if your having transfer problems have Harley put a breather hose on the primary This The Fix and it doesn't cost you a red cent. Like I said a few post back I've had transfer problem from day one. I will post some pix if need be.   

Helmwurst

Quote from: hd06 on January 27, 2019, 05:09:52 PM
Look guys if your having transfer problems have Harley put a breather hose on the primary This The Fix and it doesn't cost you a red cent. Like I said a few post back I've had transfer problem from day one. I will post some pix if need be.
I would like to see the pictures you are referring to. If it is not too much trouble.

hd06

[attach=0] This the first time attempt a pix

hd06

[attach=0] This is the second attempt of sending a picture

Helmwurst

Thanks.. Kinda ugly,does it need to be that big?

hd06

I had the camera under the fuel tank to get a better pix. It's not that bad but problem solved. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make a Omelette.