March 29, 2024, 08:18:01 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HARLEY TUNER, POWERDUALS, ENGINE LIGHT

Started by rosey, January 02, 2019, 01:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosey

HI FOLKS! I WAS REFERRED TO THIS SITE BY A BUDDY. MY QUESTION IS, IF I WERE TO INSTALL VANCE & HINES POWER DUALS ON A 17 M8 ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL WITH STREET CANNON MUFFLERS, & HARLEY TUNER, WILL I GET A CHECK ENGINE CODE? IF SO, WILL I BE ABLE TO HAVE IT PROGRAMMED OUT THRU THE HARLEY TUNER? AS OF NOW I ALREADY HAVE THE TUNER WITH HD DWN LOAD, SE AIR CLEANER, WITH FACTORY HEADERS & STREET CANNON MUFFLERS. I WANT TO ADD THE POWER DUALS TO TO SYSTEM. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.

Hossamania

You will not get a trouble light, but your bike will need a proper tune. It will also void your warranty if you still have one.
And, just to help, please do not type in all caps.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

harttoo

You can clear codes with the HD tuner and using the left hand control trigger switch.

HV

There will be no codes with a change of pipes....however the HD Tuner is not going to have a map for the Power Duals....A Power Vision would be a better tuner....all around
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

stro1965

On a related note...my Road King is getting the stage 2 treatment as we speak. If I were to de-cat later would I need the tune tweaked?