April 26, 2024, 10:44:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Trask air assault

Started by 08flstf, January 12, 2019, 11:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

08flstf

Currently running this AC on my 107 with the S&S 475. Seems to work good enough now, but was wondering if any of you have used this AC on a 124. Interested in opinions as to whether this AC  would support a 124 with the S&S 475 and an SE 64mm tb.

Adam76

Can't answer your question, but what exhaust are you running?

08flstf

Will be running a D&D billet cat.

eddfive

Do not waste your money. No difference in what you are running now. If you are going to upgrade get a filter with the most surface area or that correlates to more available air.

HD/Wrench

I have seen 140 HP with that AC ,  Cannot tell you beyond that

Barrett

Measure the opening and see if it's 64mm or more. I know my V&H filter is too small for a 58mm..(TC).

08flstf

Quote from: Barrett on January 15, 2019, 06:46:36 AM
Measure the opening and see if it's 64mm or more. I know my V&H filter is too small for a 58mm..(TC).

Measured the opening and it's actually right at 66mm. Was really wondering if the surface area of the filter itself was going to allow enough air flow to support the 124.

08flstf

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 15, 2019, 06:32:42 AM
I have seen 140 HP with that AC ,  Cannot tell you beyond that

Steve did you by chance make a pull with and without the ac on to see what difference it made?

HD/Wrench

as like it made 140 with it and 142 without it ?/ no I did not I can see the map sensor readings so that tells me what i need to know .  If I pull it I get guys stating well the backing plate did this or that and if I had done it this way it  would be a better test .   

i will stick with the answer it works fine   :hyst: 

I have used it on other set ups in the 155 range But not a twin cam . being this is the M8 forum I used the 140 mark in a M8 which is the highest I have currently tuned . I have had bikes or should I say kits that are to make more but did not ,.... stated I think was 146 or something but that then turned in to +/- 10 after a call to that place that sold the kit to them . so 137 is right at the 10 under mark .  :nix:

08flstf

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 16, 2019, 06:40:01 AM
as like it made 140 with it and 142 without it ?/ no I did not I can see the map sensor readings so that tells me what i need to know .  If I pull it I get guys stating well the backing plate did this or that and if I had done it this way it  would be a better test .   

i will stick with the answer it works fine   :hyst: 

I have used it on other set ups in the 155 range But not a twin cam . being this is the M8 forum I used the 140 mark in a M8 which is the highest I have currently tuned . I have had bikes or should I say kits that are to make more but did not ,.... stated I think was 146 or something but that then turned in to +/- 10 after a call to that place that sold the kit to them . so 137 is right at the 10 under mark .  :nix:

That's fine, wasn't questioning your methods, have just read it mentioned before that some tuners will make a pull without the filter after the tune is finished just to see what if any difference it makes. It just seems like it doesn't have nearly as much filter area as my R&R overflow ac did on my previous 124. Thanks for your input.

HD/Wrench

Many times I will do that as well but when you tune long enough you see trends int he map sensor , so based on that you have a very good idea if there is a gain with and without a filter on it . The trask and CMP both work very well . yes the R&R overflow is a monster I do not know the limit on that filter  I think Reggie has run it on the 180-200 hp engines