March 28, 2024, 02:20:10 PM

News:

Milwaukee Eight testing.

Started by Durwood, January 12, 2017, 12:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderrat and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Durwood

January 12, 2017, 12:10:29 PM Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:58:37 PM by Coyote
[attach=0]
I bought a new Road glide Special Milwaukee Eight for my shop test mule, and have already posted two dyno graphs here.
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,95898.0.html

So far it has been tuned stock, then added Street Cannon slip on's and retuned.

Future graphs and details will be posted here as I take it step by step up to cams for now.

FWIW I checked the CCP today, 215/215 dead even, I am happy about that.

The bike now has 117 miles on it and the next move is to install the SE air cleaner and retune. I will be working on this as time allows.

Durwood

Eric, 1FSTRK, here is the layover graph you requested, I also added run 49 as I was able to pull the AUC back to where it was with stock mufflers.
[attach=0]

festus

How does it feel when you ride it between stock and the tune so far?
Snappier, smoother, more refined?
Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Durwood

Quote from: festus on January 12, 2017, 03:25:32 PM
How does it feel when you ride it between stock and the tune so far?
Snappier, smoother, more refined?
I have yet to ride this bike on the road after the tune, I will post my impressions when I do, but it will have the SE air cleaner added and tuned before that happens.

It is definitely snappier and smoother on the dyno.

RXBOB

Durwood if I may ask what engine temps are you tuning the Glide at and what is the max temp you are seeing before you let it cool down and go again

sfmichael

I'm torn between buying a new one or continuing to fix up my Twin Cam...I'll be watching this thread closely  :pop:

How do you like the new bike so far?
Colorado Springs, CO.

Durwood

Quote from: RXBOB on January 12, 2017, 09:36:23 PM
Durwood if I may ask what engine temps are you tuning the Glide at and what is the max temp you are seeing before you let it cool down and go again
I begin at 200* and shut it down when it reaches 280*.

Durwood

Quote from: sfmichael on January 12, 2017, 11:38:25 PM
I'm torn between buying a new one or continuing to fix up my Twin Cam...I'll be watching this thread closely  :pop:

How do you like the new bike so far?
I like it, but haven't ridden it yet. It had 1 mile on it when I put it on the dyno.

No Cents

thanks for taking us along for the ride with all the details!  :up:
I will be watching to see how your testing goes.
I wonder when Wes will get in the cam game for the M8? I do like his cams.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

RXBOB

Quote from: Durwood on January 13, 2017, 04:10:51 AM
Quote from: RXBOB on January 12, 2017, 09:36:23 PM
I begin at 200* and shut it down when it reaches 280*.

My Tuner does 180* to 250* and the bike gets hotter than this out on the highway, I like the fact that he is looking after the bike but by doing it the cool way is it missing anything

DRod

interesting to see what a stage I does for performance.  I just installed the SE street cannons, SE heavy breather intake, and SE tuner.  Smartune but no dyno or base line to compare it against.  would be interesting to see how you make out once you add these things. 

cmashark

Durwood,
I have been reading M8 threads for the last couple months and in one, I saw something about torque management...  have you seen this in the tunes?  If so, how does it work?

Chris
2021 FLHXSE

Durwood

Quote from: cmashark on January 13, 2017, 07:10:42 PM
Durwood,
I have been reading M8 threads for the last couple months and in one, I saw something about torque management...  have you seen this in the tunes?  If so, how does it work?

Chris
Yes, it's there. TM pulls power around 4K rpm,  I could feel it kick in on the dyno in 4th gear.

I turn it off in the calibration, as well as the speed limiters.

harleytuner

Good stuff Darren. Can you post Speed over time?  So we can see how much better it accelerates.

Durwood

I got a chance to install and tune the SE stage one AC today, it picked up nicely over the stock unit, which BTW I had the vent hoses removed and had zero oil in the housing.

[attach=0]

Durwood

January 14, 2017, 12:46:57 PM #15 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:54:11 PM by FSG
Here's the before and after.

[attach=0]

twincamzz

Thanks for posting all this great information... have about 6300 miles on my M8 now & love it !
not all who wander are lost...

Durwood

Quote from: twincamzz on January 14, 2017, 12:50:37 PM
Thanks for posting all this great information... have about 6300 miles on my M8 now & love it !
Mine has 175 miles on it now, It had 1 mile when I put it on the dyno for the break in.

You're welcome.

Daren

Roadraceking

Torque on these things are nice.

Durwood

I forgot to mention that I installed some stiffer clutch springs to help the Assist and Slip clutch, they improved the grip below 2500 where the torque is really coming on strong.

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

IronMike113

Quote from: Roadraceking on January 14, 2017, 09:40:27 PM
Torque on these things are nice.

Not to be the Devils Advocate but it is 107 cubic inches,it should have some Getty up go.. :SM:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

krwson

Thats a nice Lookin test mule there D. Keep up the good work.  :scoot:

Deye76

Darn good torque, Good looking bike too. Fullsac next?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Hossamania

Yup, good looking bike. Bummer about the fairing..........
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.