March 28, 2024, 02:05:56 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

XB 12 carb support

Started by pan620, December 09, 2014, 06:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pan620

Does any one no what carb support will work on a 2006 XB 12 Buell that was injected that I am converting to carb, I no I have to drill and tap the mounting holes where the breather holes are on a regular engine, can anyone help, Thanks

garyajaz

what carb you gonna use?
some downdraft?
and why?

pan620

Going to use a Mikuni HSR42, but there is no way to hold it onto the rubber coupling, that why I need to drill and tap the holes where the breather holes are on a regular motor, there are only bosses there know with no holes.

panhead_dan

I always thought it would be simplest to use a downdraft carb.

xlfan

I guess a standard intake manifold for CV, and a carb support for 91-03 XL could work, along with a HSR to CV air cleaner adapter.

WML57

There is no room inside the frame for a side mounted carb

xlfan

I guess that would rule out the HSR42 as an option.

speedzter

Keihin make some very nice flat slide carb's.
Should be easy enough to retrofit in the stock location.
https://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress.com/tag/keihin-fcr/

panhead_dan

I've been planning on making a 90 degree intake manifold extension. This will put my side draft carb horizontal and it's new home will be inside the air box all stealthy like.
I was able to get my mits on a thunder monster or whatever they call it from Carl's Speed shop.

garyajaz

turboprop

Not sure about frame clearance, but for supporting the Mik,  use an S&S Super manifold (either E or G) and a Vulcan Proback. The Proback bolts onto the back of the Mik.

Here is one for the Mik42 to a Super E intake, but there are many others. The type that press onto the don't work as well as the bolt on type. YMMV.

http://vulcanworks.net/store/Mikuni-Hi-Flo-Carb-Back-HRS-42-to-S-and-S-Super-B-and-E.html
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

garyajaz

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

garyajaz

those four are just to feed the nitrous.
the four on other side feed the alky...