April 18, 2024, 11:09:48 AM

News:

Intercom working one way only

Started by quadmania, September 08, 2019, 10:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quadmania

I have a BOOM GTS 2019 model. Today I installed the intercom. The passenger do not hear me, whilst I hear him perfectly.

I exchanged the two helmets but the problem persist: the rear passenger do not hear the driver voice. What colud it be?

many thanks in advance

PoorUB

There is separate volume settings for rider and passenger. Have you checked them?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

quadmania

Quote from: PoorUB on September 08, 2019, 10:16:35 AM
There is separate volume settings for rider and passenger. Have you checked them?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the volume is at maximum. I really do not understand what's the problem....

PoorUB

2019? Looks like a trip to the dealer.

If you are a little techie, you might try chase down the wiring and make sure all the connections are good.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

X-Brit

Quote from: quadmania on September 08, 2019, 10:13:33 AM
I have a BOOM GTS 2019 model. Today I installed the intercom. The passenger do not hear me, whilst I hear him perfectly.

I exchanged the two helmets but the problem persist: the rear passenger do not hear the driver voice. What colud it be?

many thanks in advance
I have the same issue. After much troubleshooting including swapping the headset pairing I found that every time the bike is started and the system boots up, I have to readjust the passenger headset intercom volume in the settings menu before my passenger can hear me. Be aware that there is a separate volume slider for intercom, you have to page down to find it. Even though the slider control may indicate maximum volume, The volume is actually at minimum. Adjust the slider down then back to maximum and it should work. I believe it is a software problem.

moose

maybe you bought just the intercom part  now you need to get the outer com part  :scratch:
Moose aka Glenn-

X-Brit

Contacted HD customer care, they had previous reports of the issue. HD engineering is working on a fix, presumably a software update, but has no timeframe for the update.

Jaegerfire

I have a 2021 tri glide, had the same issue, unless you are going to use VOX you need to buy the right hand control module with the push to talk button, you do not have to buy the CB to use the PTT button.