March 28, 2024, 06:37:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

11 seconds

Started by Jonny Cash, December 02, 2016, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Cash

This showed up in the mail today.  Forgot that I had sent off for it, it had been a couple months. I got my timeslip at a race in NC, only time I have ever run a 1/4 on a bike.  It went 11.12 @ 121, really  thought  was I gonna get the 10 second one too, but a smoked clutch kept me just from it.  My 60' on that pass was only 1.83, I had gotten to where I was pretty much @ 1.70's.  I guess that gives me the long winter here to get ready for next year.

[attach=0]
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

packrat56

December 02, 2016, 04:07:16 PM #1 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:47:43 PM by packrat56
      :party:
Now I know, why some animals eat their young.

1FSTRK

Great job  :up: :up:
The 1/8 is where the magic happens but it sure is fun to run the full 1/4 mile.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

pwmorris

Awesome Cash Money...Walkin' The Walk, and letting it talk the talk... :up:
Congrats-
They have changes the shirts over the years but the number stays the same.
Can't be bought, BS'ed, or dyno sheeted....this is the real deal-

2006FXDCI

Congrats Jonny ! Welcome to the club ! Im hoping we both get our 10 second membership in 2017 !
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Smarty

Awesome Cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

Ape-Hanger

rigidthumper

Congrats, Mister. Those aren't easy to come by. I refer to those as my "million dollar shirts" cuz it felt like I spent a fortune getting one.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

:up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonny Cash

Thank you everybody!  this was my first year racing a bike.  I had bracket raced cars as a young man but had not been down a track since 2001until last fall on my bike.  I was able to win a couple bracket races this year and one local heads up race, running 1/8 mile is very competitive, you have to be on your game every round.  I learned a tremendous amount this year about riding and chassis set-up, lots of trial and error.  I started out running 7.50 1/8 mile, ended up running a best of 7.04 at the end of the year.  I dropped some weight off the bike, an 04 electraglide. I got a longer swingarm at the very end of the season but did not make it to the track before they closed in my part of the woods, pretty sure that was going to get me in the 6.90's.  I have to thank Jason at C&S Speedshop for the exceptional tune, and Jim @ Megaflo for the outstanding head work, I've got the Hp just need to get better at riding, and drop a FEW pounds.  With a couple engine upgrades I fully expect to make consistent 10 second 1/4 mile passes next year.

86fxwg

Great job kelly......between u riding....jason tuning.....my money's on u getting in the 10's.!  NICE JOB!
see ya soon!

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

akjeff

'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

Jonny Cash

Quote from: 86fxwg on December 04, 2016, 07:55:37 AM
Great job kelly......between u riding....jason tuning.....my money's on u getting in the 10's.!  NICE JOB!
see ya soon!

Thanks Dave!

westcomb

Pretty sweet! ............. I need to send for one some day  :up:

Looks like your pretty close to that 10's one too! great job!

cherryseeg2

2005 Cherry SEEG2-J&B Performance 120 163hp/144tq

bladerunner

NICE JOB   !!    Congrats  on a job well done   :up: :up:
Erie , pennsylvania

Just Nick

Great Job Kelly   

The season is just around the corner you will be a 10'er in no time  :up:
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

kd

:up: :up: Very nice to see you meeting your goals Kelly. We know how much work it is to shave those percentages off of what you thought was your best time yet. It takes stamina and it looks good on you.
KD

Jonny Cash

I haven't got to go to the track much this year, and have fought consistency problems.  Finally made a few yesterday that got me lined out.  Ran a race in Atlanta last month and finally got in the 10's 1/4 mile.  I have sprayed it a few times with a dry kit,  but going lean, so had to go up to 12.0 injectors running on E-85.

1FSTRK

:up: :up:
Too many have no idea what it takes to get to the level you have achieved with those three slips.
Great work.

Jonny Cash

I went to Gateway last night for Black Sunday race test n tune.  Think I'm just about to have it tuned in @ the track. Motor pass, and spraying a 40 shot

1FSTRK

:up: :up:
Great job, time for a new Patch

Jonny Cash

jam65

Looks like you have found the zone Kelly. Great job! That consistency is the key.