April 19, 2024, 02:40:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Beech Bend Drags

Started by hbkeith, March 16, 2017, 01:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbkeith

Any info on the Beech Bend April Drags yet ?

prodrag1320

Durwood

Racepres

hbkeith

Ok , I shouda been more clear , Top Fuel ? , excact schedule of events ? The source only has the dates

Racepres

We are currently in the process of negotiating a sponsor for Top Fuel at the first Bowling Green Event. Due to the Cost of Hosting Top Fuel, and the Uncertainty of Participation. Top Fuel is still in the air ATT for the First Bowling Green Event. NHRA has Top Fuel Harleys...and Pays them well...Look at the NHRA schedule.
Also, watch the AMRA site for Updates, as I will be surprised if Top Fuel is Not Contested at the April Bowling Green Event.
Of Course...If someone wants to Sponsor Top Fuel at the All Harley [American Motorcycles Exclusively], Drags...Drop me a Line...
Or...Go watch Cars...

Durwood

kd

I just checked the AMRA site standings page. I see Kirby in there and Jim Kennedy is handily holding down 3rd place in the Dresser class. I hope I didn't jinx anyone by bringing it up.
KD

hbkeith

Quote from: Racepres on March 17, 2017, 12:00:53 PM
We are currently in the process of negotiating a sponsor for Top Fuel at the first Bowling Green Event. Due to the Cost of Hosting Top Fuel, and the Uncertainty of Participation. Top Fuel is still in the air ATT for the First Bowling Green Event. NHRA has Top Fuel Harleys...and Pays them well...Look at the NHRA schedule.
Also, watch the AMRA site for Updates, as I will be surprised if Top Fuel is Not Contested at the April Bowling Green Event.
Of Course...If someone wants to Sponsor Top Fuel at the All Harley [American Motorcycles Exclusively], Drags...Drop me a Line...
Or...Go watch Cars...
Wow  , just trying to find out details on the event since I'm riding 500 miles it would be nice to no what time of day on the 28-30th the "Potty mouth" starts and etc . not looking for just a Top Fuel event

Racepres

The Harley Drags at Bowling Green have not changed much in 17 Years.
The April Event has always been a bit "light" due to Weather, and a general lack of support.
Too Early maybe. But, it is better than when we tried March!!!
Many like the first BG better, because it is a Bit more layed back, and always more Personal. Summer and Fall can be "hectic" and certainly crowded...Big ass Party, but, not quite the Personal feel...depends what one is looking for.
Generally nothing much happens on the track until noon either day. Any time of year.
There is normally a tune and test session in the AM's, and sometimes on Friday night.
The Bands have been very good in the last few Years too...
If you feel you struck a nerve with "Top Fuel" you are correct...No One knows how much Grief we get over 8-16 Bikes!!! Obviously I need to HTFU.
But...Nitro FunnyBikes attain 200+MPH. Pro Fuel Bikes Impress by doing astronomical performances with only 120 Cubic inches, and No Transmission..
We are the only place you will see 160MPH Street Bikes...the fastest of which a Very Good looking Lady Pilots!! Not to single a few classes out..but, there it is.
All of the AMRA Family are the Best Competitors one will ever get to witness, and yet..all close Friends/Family as well...
I am Personally Proud, and will tout Each and Every One of Them...
Closest Racing you'll see...accross the board. No Chainsaw type Noises either!!!
Off the Soapbox now...excuse my Passion!!!!

Racepres

Quote from: kd on March 17, 2017, 02:28:12 PM
I just checked the AMRA site standings page. I see Kirby in there and Jim Kennedy is handily holding down 3rd place in the Dresser class. I hope I didn't jinx anyone by bringing it up.

You ain't gonna jinx anybody like that!!!
These Guys live for that "Potty mouth"..If we don't give them recognition....what can we offer???
Thanks for keeping it alive when there is Snow on the Ground...Here anyway.

hbkeith

Been going to the All HD Drags since my first time at Bunker Hill 1/8th mile 30 years ago . Just have never been to Bowling Green

Racepres

Bowling Green is Not the same in April, as it is in June and September.
More info? E-mail the office  from Contact link at http://www.amraonline.com/

I miss Bunker Hill sometimes..Never did very well Racing there..but had some good events.
Oh and Thanks For Your Support
30 years...  had to be one of the very first of the AMRA
That's some dedication.
I wasn't even a member until 1990...but, I was 5 years Late!!!

Shooter1

NHRA has Top Fuel Harleys...and Pays them well...Look at the NHRA schedule.

Does the NHRA pay T/F teams an appearance fee or when you say "pays them well", you mean in prize money? I suspect prize money is it?

Racepres

Quote from: Shooter1 on March 20, 2017, 06:48:41 AM
NHRA has Top Fuel Harleys...and Pays them well...Look at the NHRA schedule.

Does the NHRA pay T/F teams an appearance fee or when you say "pays them well", you mean in prize money? I suspect prize money is it?

Last I knew they got "show-up" money.
Something I am vehemently opposed to.....We Only reward Performance!!!!