April 23, 2024, 11:15:29 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Any further insights into CDE tuning?

Started by jjdalynh, August 03, 2018, 12:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdalynh

i've read as much as i could by Gordon61 et. al, and wondering if there's been any more progress or some amount of verification of the direction they were going?   has anyone written anything up in a single place for a starting point or a process beyond what's buried in the forums?

Frédéric CM

The CDE table affect the MAP reading during deceleration. Adjusting the higher CDE will lower the MAP and raise the VE for the same cell. Smoothing the MAP decel will smooth the VE table (Under 60kpa)

Here is an example, on my bike with 57H (2014 Dyna), left is with tuned CDE and right is stock CDE. It's the only change between the two graphs.
[attach=0]

jjdalynh

This is interesting....  first time that it was put forward that this is a decel area tuning param.  There has to be some amount of CDE during low throttle/rpm too, so are you just saying that this is simply a good way of visualizing how well the CDE table is shaping the target AFR (Set AFR in my case)?

Gordon61

You can see changes looking at the decal MAP graph, but it affects (tunes, if anyone truly knows how to do it apart from TTS) the low load area.