March 28, 2024, 06:46:34 AM

News:

Asking the experts who know.

Started by ridealive1911, September 03, 2018, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridealive1911

I just sent a friend to a new tuner since the one I usually use is booked up for 3 weeks. I am not a tuning expert by any means, so if I' m way off base just say so. The bike is a 2014 RK with a 110, a  2-1 Fuel Moto Road and Track using Power Vision. I watched the tuner take his samples for the sensor in the muffler. I thought to tune each cylinder individually you had to tap into the head pipe for each cylinder. My friend saved and saved for this upgrade and just want to make sure the new tuner guy is doing an accurate tune.
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

Coyote

Depends. Some use a long tube and stick it up the muffler and either up or down into the front or rear head pipe to sample each cylinder. IMO, it's not as good as using sampling blocks though.

ridealive1911

Thanks for the reply, now it makes me wonder how does he know if he's getting the sensor in the correct cylinder head pipe to tune each one separately?
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

Jamie Long

Quote from: ridealive1911 on September 03, 2018, 04:03:49 PM
I just sent a friend to a new tuner since the one I usually use is booked up for 3 weeks. I am not a tuning expert by any means, so if I' m way off base just say so. The bike is a 2014 RK with a 110, a  2-1 Fuel Moto Road and Track using Power Vision. I watched the tuner take his samples for the sensor in the muffler. I thought to tune each cylinder individually you had to tap into the head pipe for each cylinder. My friend saved and saved for this upgrade and just want to make sure the new tuner guy is doing an accurate tune.

Definitely want to use the bungs that we install in the exhaust, you can mount the wideband O2 sensors directly in the pipe.

Durwood

I personally use Herko blocks on all of them now. Sensor placement is crucial to get accurate data samples.

Never looked at Jamie's bung location, but I am sure he put them where they need to be. :up:

If the other tuner is booked 3 weeks out, and you have personal experience with him, I would wait. The tune is the most important part of any build and will make or break the outcome.

Hossamania

Impatience has caused me to make decisions I would not normally have made, and almost always regret them later. Decisions made for economic reasons are usually the other ones I consistently regret.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

ridealive1911

Quote from: Hossamania on September 04, 2018, 08:29:18 AM
Impatience has caused me to make decisions I would not normally have made, and almost always regret them later. Decisions made for economic reasons are usually the other ones I consistently regret.

Hoss you are spot on there. :agree: I know he really wanted to ride it after it was done, and with whole 115 anniversary in town it was even more torture to not have it. Although I have only been a member here for less than 2 years I have learned so much from all the posts which is why I asked the experts. Trust goes a long way in the motorcycle world and I'm thankful I have somewhere to go to get a straight answer. Thanks to all for your help.

moose

just remember he has a 3 week wait for a reason...    especially if the other guy you could drive right in no saying he is bad but i'd go with more experience over trying to rush it
Moose aka Glenn-

ridealive1911

You are right. Haste makes waste as gramma used to say.