April 18, 2024, 10:32:05 PM

News:

Opinions on this build

Started by dheath9994, August 23, 2018, 03:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dheath9994

Have 2016 street glide I originally installed cycle Rama 570-2 cams but now want some more power.

New build is the following:
Fuel Moto 110 drop in kit 10.25:1 CR
Fuel Moto level B heads
Cycle Rama 575 cams
D&D fat cat 2 into 1
Boyessen power X intake

Hoping for 125ishTQ what do you guys think?

Tail Ridr

Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RlPRfubqc

👍👍 I think this one popped 130 ft/lbs at under 10.25:1

I'm doing a 107" with this cam real soon!

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

Hillside Motorcycle

125 ft/lbs is certainly to be expected.
Rossiter, HD, in Saratota, Fla, tuned a 110"/.575 combo to 113+ hp, and 131+ ft/lbs some time ago.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Fuel Moto Level B CNC includes the following:

Complete disassembly, inspection, and cleaning of cylinder heads
Extensive CNC porting, texturing, and blending with an emphasis on best all around performance
Oversize Stainless 1.900" Intake 1.610" Exhaust valves
Newen Contour-BB CNC valve job
Our beehive style valve springs are manufactured from ultra clean high silicon / vanadium Kobe alloy wire and are certified up to .600 lift
CC combustion chamber, set to desired spec
Machine/Install compression releases if required (+$100.00)
Exchange with core charge or 2 week turnaround on customer supplied heads

Is this amount of headwork nessicary for this cam to perform optimally??? Will it perform any better with the larger valves and are heavier springs nessicary?

lowflight

What Throttle Body and injectors?

dheath9994

Quote from: 838 on August 24, 2018, 11:54:56 AM

Extensive CNC porting, texturing, and blending with an emphasis on best all around performance
Our beehive style valve springs are manufactured from ultra clean high silicon / vanadium Kobe alloy wire and are certified up to .600 lift

Is this amount of headwork nessicary for this cam to perform optimally??? Will it perform any better with the larger valves and are heavier springs nessicary?

Probably not completely necessary but they offer a core exchange program so my bike didn't have a few weeks down time waiting on heads to be ported

Now would their be any reason to install a cam that utilizes all that head work (your spending the coin, and cams dont vary all that much is cost)? I'm thinking T-Man offers some high lift cams with earler intake closing that could be fun to look in to... I'm guessing Fuel Moto doesn't stock T-Man though...

Not trying to deter the CR575 choice. I liked (when I was working on my 107")  to get several options from others... I was looking at CR575, kuryakyn 24 (I think it was 24...), Wood's 5-6, Woods  7H (+4), Andrews 57... even a few others.

I went with the CR575... Parts are still in the shop... haven't tore the bike down yet.

dheath9994

Quote from: lowflight on August 24, 2018, 03:37:10 PM
What Throttle Body and injectors?

Was gunna keep both stock unless my dyno tuner tells me I need 5 or 5.3 injectors while he's breaking it in. I've had multiple shops tell me they've used the stock injectors in 110 builds with no problems

Sambo62

I've read the rule book, but am new here so not sure on the etiquette.  But the build shown in the youtube link above (110" with 132TQ) is described in another forum.  I've been following it as a 110" build at 130+TQ at 10.1 C/R is right up my alley.

If allowed, I will post link if anyone is interested. 

Ohio HD

Here are a couple of the 110" motors. One makes power about everywhere, the other low end grunt with very little investment.

Smarty's build, a little bit of everything in there.
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=97778.msg1140564#msg1140564

A budget build posted by Rigidthumper, a lot of stock and some cubic inches makes a nice cruiser.
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=97475.msg1136873#msg1136873

ridealive1911

Just did a FM 110 drop on a 14 RK. Same exhaust and Woods 777. Stock TB and injectors. Pulled 129 and 119 in 4th.
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

TorQuePimp

Quote from: 838 on August 24, 2018, 11:54:56 AM

Truth is it's a bolt in cam
Even with the larger valves the stock springs are more than adequate.....not opinion ...fact
Plenty of info about those cams and what they are capable of.....they respond well to headwork as do most any other cam

HD/Wrench

Quote from: ridealive1911 on October 02, 2018, 06:02:20 PM
Just did a FM 110 drop on a 14 RK. Same exhaust and Woods 777. Stock TB and injectors. Pulled 129 and 119 in 4th.

Stock heads or ported with stock T/B ?

Post the sheet please 130 tq and 119 HP in 4th gear so add 4-6 on the tq for a 1:1 gear ratio pull . Stock T/B making 119 hp ? 

In my experience the t/b is good for 115 avg never seen one do 120 Hp and I have tuned a 124 that had a stock t/b in fact several , Just tuning not my idea of a good build but the HP does not get there when a stock T/B is used .

The S&S 110 drop on kit  is a great kit and I have built and tuned well over 200 of these now .  The dyno section has many I have posted , the are very repeatable for sure

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: dheath9994 on August 23, 2018, 03:25:10 PM
Have 2016 street glide I originally installed cycle Rama 570-2 cams but now want some more power.

New build is the following:
Fuel Moto 110 drop in kit 10.25:1 CR
Fuel Moto level B heads
Cycle Rama 575 cams
D&D fat cat 2 into 1
Boyessen power X intake

10.1, (not 10.0) is where we've signed off with at cam.
You should not have ANY problem whatsoever achieving 125 ft/lbs with that combo.
Seen 113/131 semi-same, sae.

Hoping for 125ishTQ what do you guys think?
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

ridealive1911

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on October 04, 2018, 08:35:52 AM
Quote from: ridealive1911 on October 02, 2018, 06:02:20 PM

Stock heads or ported with stock T/B ?

Post the sheet please 130 tq and 119 HP in 4th gear so add 4-6 on the tq for a 1:1 gear ratio pull . Stock T/B making 119 hp ? 

My mistake, I hit the 9 instead of 3. It is 113 and 130. Ported heads and stock TB and inj.

In my experience the t/b is good for 115 avg never seen one do 120 Hp and I have tuned a 124 that had a stock t/b in fact several , Just tuning not my idea of a good build but the HP does not get there when a stock T/B is used .

The S&S 110 drop on kit  is a great kit and I have built and tuned well over 200 of these now .  The dyno section has many I have posted , the are very repeatable for sure
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

kd

That sheet is missing the correction factor and the scale is a little out of the norm too. Air fuel flat(ish) at 12.3 to 12.5 on both cylinders ?  :scratch:
KD

dheath9994

Just an update to everyone motor is currently being built I opted to return the Fuel Moto heads and just get my factory heads worked and also my stock throttle body will be ported and polished to match heads. Still stock injectors unless tuner says they need to be bigger and I had my bottom end trued, welded and balanced with a timken swap as well. Hoping for a power yet reliable build

dheath9994

Also went with a upgraded cam plate and oil pump

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

HD/Wrench

I have tested many of the ported t/b deals and never saw the gain " they " said it would do lots of  excuses , though that was still there and ohh yea cost that was still there ,

buy a 58 add the larger 5.3 injectors . With decent ported heads the larger injectors would be my suggestion

1FSTRK

Quote from: dheath9994 on October 18, 2018, 04:11:44 PM
Just an update to everyone motor is currently being built I opted to return the Fuel Moto heads and just get my factory heads worked and also my stock throttle body will be ported and polished to match heads. Still stock injectors unless tuner says they need to be bigger and I had my bottom end trued, welded and balanced with a timken swap as well. Hoping for a power yet reliable build

What cam and CI will you end up with?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

sfmichael

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on October 19, 2018, 05:53:31 AM
I have tested many of the ported t/b deals and never saw the gain " they " said it would do lots of  excuses , though that was still there and ohh yea cost that was still there ,

buy a 58 add the larger 5.3 injectors . With decent ported heads the larger injectors would be my suggestion

^^^this
Colorado Springs, CO.