April 24, 2024, 12:21:20 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Opinions on this build

Started by dheath9994, August 23, 2018, 03:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dheath9994

Quote from: 1FSTRK on October 21, 2018, 08:34:27 AM
Quote from: dheath9994 on October 18, 2018, 04:11:44 PM
Just an update to everyone motor is currently being built I opted to return the Fuel Moto heads and just get my factory heads worked and also my stock throttle body will be ported and polished to match heads. Still stock injectors unless tuner says they need to be bigger and I had my bottom end trued, welded and balanced with a timken swap as well. Hoping for a power yet reliable build

What cam and CI will you end up with?

110 cubic inches & cycle Rama 575 cam

jmorton10

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on October 19, 2018, 05:53:31 AM

buy a 58 add the larger 5.3 injectors . With decent ported heads the larger injectors would be my suggestion

:agree:

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

dheath9994

Just got all my parts back from the machine shop hopefully it'll all be out back together in a few days. Ended up doing a little more work than I expected

-Bored and polished the stock throttle body
-Ported and polished heads and put in larger valves
-trues, welded and balanced flywheel. Also replaced crank pin with S&S pin and bushings with S&S then heat treated the rods
-timken conversion on the left case

dheath9994

Hossamania

Certainly looks like you spent the money in the right places. Looking forward to hearing how it goes together, and how much fun it is.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Hilly13

That looks a nice job on boring and cleaning up the TB and it would have to do better than stock but I believe the issue with them on bigger engines is the volume of the unit rather than the finish, I could be wrong of course but that is what my personal experience supports.
Just because its said don't make it so

dheath9994

I was told by the shop doing the work that 110s lose some bottom end grunt with the 58mm TB and the machinist only wanted $100 to bore the stock so I figured I'd give it a try and worst case scenario I'll end up replacing it for a 58 down the road. I'm hoping to have the most power possible in the 2500-4000 range where I do 99% of my riding

dheath9994

Also I know dark horse typically replaces the rods with their in house H beams. Have any of you ever heard of or had a shop heat treat the factory rods instead?

DTTJGlide

Who did you have doing the work for you?

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

ndmp40

Quote from: dheath9994 on November 10, 2018, 03:07:42 PM
I was told by the shop doing the work that 110s lose some bottom end grunt with the 58mm TB and the machinist only wanted $100 to bore the stock so I figured I'd give it a try and worst case scenario I'll end up replacing it for a 58 down the road. I'm hoping to have the most power possible in the 2500-4000 range where I do 99% of my riding

I have a 58 on my 103 and it make huge TQ low in the RPM range.  In the dyno section.

Tail Ridr

Quote from: Ohio HD on October 02, 2018, 04:21:06 PM
Here are a couple of the 110" motors. One makes power about everywhere, the other low end grunt with very little investment.

Smarty's build, a little bit of everything in there.
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=97778.msg1140564#msg1140564

A budget build posted by Rigidthumper, a lot of stock and some cubic inches makes a nice cruiser.
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=97475.msg1136873#msg1136873
Tried to bring up Smarty's build, but image is gone, couldn't bring it up out of photobucket, either... :idunno:
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

dheath9994

Just an update finally got her on the dyno smile every time I see that torque curve

sfmichael

that torque looks awesome  :up: :up:

well done  :beer:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Barrett

:up: It looks like you have it where you wanted.
What did they bore the TB to?
I ended up going with what mine needed instead of what it could handle.

dheath9994

They never gave me a new MM on the specs sheet but it doesn't look much larger just polished up nice. They matched the TB to the intake (also was ported and polished) and matched the intake to the heads. Figured it wouldn't do much but the intake and TB were only an extra $50 so I figured might as well