April 26, 2024, 11:03:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2012 120R LOADS UP (no spark)

Started by fbn ent, May 27, 2019, 01:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I think as any motor loosens up thing might develop but I don't know what lifters are in it and that could be the biggest part of the problem. Easy start cams bleed off around 70psi to get the motor spinning but to much and the ECM won't fire because it doesn't sense the flywheel slowing down as you would have with compression.

GaryLC

I suggest testing the starter. If it is pulling too much current, it could be the cause of his problem. My '09 with a 120" was having similar starting problems. I put a new "high torque" starter from Harley. and it starts very well now hot or cold.

fbn ent

He has both a brand new battery and high torque starter.

Haven't had a chance to look at it again since he has been riding it.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

fbn ent

Well....I think I screwed up.  :doh:

I remembered something about not updating the Super Tuner just AFTER I hit the button. Was given a message that my software had been locked until I update it. Soooo, I don't have any thing to hook up to but am wondering what has changed in the download. It is now 11 instead of 8 (I think) is it going to be any use to me in trying to figure his issue out now. Kinda like to know before I give him a call and tell him to bring it over.  :turd: :turd:

kd

June 05, 2019, 01:06:59 PM #29 Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 06:50:29 PM by kd
IIRC I was told not to do the SEPST update.  Because I switched to TTS I didn't do it so I can't remember or say what the reason was but I think it had something to do with the MOCO's deal with the devil to not support the true race tuners.  Maybe Joe or one of the other tuners remember this (or maybe I'm just full of  :turd: and don't remember it correctly)
KD

lonewolf

Try going to program files (86)/Super Tuner/Applications, click on "last date" and change the date.  :wink:
They have made some changes on things but still a pos tuner

fbn ent

Quote from: kd on June 05, 2019, 01:06:59 PM
IIRC I was told not to do the SESTP update.  Because I switched to TTS I didn't do it so I can't remember or say what the reason was but I think it had something to do with the MOCO's deal with the devil to not support the true race tuners.  Maybe Joe or one of the other tuners remember this (or maybe I'm just full of  :turd: and don't remember it correctly)

That's the way I remember it kd. I'll be really happy if lonewolf's trick works. Just want to look at the 120 to see if anything is there... :scratch:

Scotty

11.02 is the last version of the Super Tuner software.
Change the date as posted above to get it working again.
If you want an earlier version just tell me which one you want I have most of them here.

fbn ent

Just an update...

Talked to him yesterday. He says he went through the steps to disable the "transport mode" which I know absolutely nothing about. The bike didn't do it again for two days starting/riding/stopping. He says he didn't put it in the mode  :nix:. Stay tuned....

Scotty

Once you turn the ignition on and set run/stop switch to run then Transport mode is cancelled.
He can't of been riding the bike while it is in transport mode as it is just not possible.  :wtf:

Coyote

Quote from: Scotty on June 18, 2019, 03:03:24 PM
Once you turn the ignition on and set run/stop switch to run then Transport mode is cancelled.
He can't of been riding the bike while it is in transport mode as it is just not possible.  :wtf:

:up:

fbn ent

Yeah, that's what I figured. All I know is what he told me......he will have more to report tonight as the sun finally came out.