April 18, 2024, 05:42:31 PM

News:

Dyna Exhaust for 125-145HP Build

Started by motolocopat, May 29, 2019, 09:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motolocopat

Dyna Exhaust for a 125=145HP build
Bike is Dyna Fatbob, so light enough that I'm not to worried about a soft bottom end, just don't want any big dips and I'm not one to ride real low RPMs although good parking lot manners are always nice.
Ideally for a Exhaust that will work on a 110" with a little head work but not hold back a 124" to much if I end up there down the road. A middle of the road 117"/120" is a distinct possibility.
Plan on occasionally spinning it to 6250RPM, a S&S 640 cam wise or similar.

This will be a Back Road & Bar Bike setup mostly but once a year or so could be pressed into service for 3 day trip to Daytona/Sturgis so Sound wise, I'd prefer something that I'd be able to ride all day without having a droning in my ears at end of day. Not a determining factor, but a factor.

Considering

Supertrapp 827-71574 2:1 SuperMeg
V&H Pro Pipe  (might limit the 124"?)
Vance & Hines Stainless Hi-Output 2-into-1 (Too Much Pipe for a 110"?)
D&D is local, I like the BobCat looks but don't think it will work on bigger inch.
FuelMoto E-Series.
Bassani . . . There long list is confusing . . . but look to have some good options
MotoLocoPat  2015 FLTRXS, 2013FLHX, 2010FXDF
2006 Ducati S2R1000, 2004 KTM950

Don D

98fxstc

I'm curious about the Bobcat.
I'm sure I read on the D&D site a while back they were not rated for greater than 103"
I think they have been modified now for the M8's and there does not appear to be a designated limit for them.
:nix:

98fxstc

I have the FatcCat with the big bore baffle on my 09 dyna
good for 130hp but I do have a small dip down low
I would prefer it to any of the others you have mentioned

like Don says, the Boarzilla is a good bet

motolocopat

OK, I'm officially considering the Boarzilla.

Comments on others or my comments?
MotoLocoPat  2015 FLTRXS, 2013FLHX, 2010FXDF
2006 Ducati S2R1000, 2004 KTM950

boooby1744

RB Spyder. Lots of options,you might have to lower your gearing a tad.

FXDBI

Love my E-Pipe on my 110 lots of bark when u really get on it proven to support 150hp. Best part for me is I live in Edmonton and it passes the noise tests. Sounds nasty in the upper RPM range.   Bob

Hillside Motorcycle

Proved it twice this spring to clients on large cube builds, that a D&D Borezilla works so well.
A pipe that DOES NOT work however, is a side-dump Python....better used under a bathroom sink.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

C-Cat

Check out SPF, get s pipe built to your specs
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

prodrag1320

dynabagger

My Boarzilla made the power you're looking for but is incredibly loud. Switched to a SPF which is much tamer sounding and feels close seat of the pants but haven't dyno'd since the change so can't say for sure.
2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

aabikrman

Quote from: boooby1744 on May 29, 2019, 09:18:25 PM
RB Spyder. Lots of options,you might have to lower your gearing a tad.

I agree. I've used the RB Spyder and the RB Black  Hole.  The Spyder on a 120" build and the Blackhole on a 124".  The Blackhole is noticeably quieter with negligible power loss.  Both pipes are good, no flat spots, easy to tune and the craftsmanship is impeccable.  I like the Boarzilla's too but my gawd,,,,,,the noise.... !!!!

jmorton10

I don't know how anybody can stand the noise of the Borzilla LOL!!

I borrowed one from a buddy & tried it on my 124. It ran great, but I took it off a week later wondering if I would ever hear right again.......

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Nastytls

N-gin

I had a boarzilla on my 107. No dip
I have a sheet some where. I can pm if you like.

But it was heavy. On a dyna you want a light pipe. Lots of sway with a heavy pipe for rubber mount engine. Yes you feel it at speeds.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

speedzter

I don't find the Boarzilla overly loud.
Not as bad as some of the V&H systems out there.
The Muffler sure is heavy though !!

Ozbob

Boarzilla, no other of the shelf pipe comes close

dave brode

'99 FXDL, 4.125" x 4.4" with TW9Bs did not like a Propipe at all. Huge rich dip from apx 2300 to 3500. Tried different homemade baffles, a reverse cone inside, etc. Nothing worked. Huge stand-off cloud in the rich dip.

Very little dip with a Boarzilla. The 'zilla gained 5 horse and 4 lbs peak. Probably 20 lbs better in the dip.

No longer made, but KW 2" tapered muffler 2 into 2s worked very well. Looked like stock pipes at a glance. Peaks were a little higher on horse and a little less torque vs the 'zilla, but actually, nicer, fatter curve shape than the 'zilla. Admiral Akbar has that KW exhaust now, but I doubt that he'd sell it.
Dave 

N-gin

Where you located?
I have Borezilla you can try. It was on my Fatbob 09.
:beer:
I'm 30205
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

turboprop

Quote from: motolocopat on May 29, 2019, 09:28:49 AM
Dyna Exhaust for a 125=145HP build
Bike is Dyna Fatbob, so light enough that I'm not to worried about a soft bottom end, just don't want any big dips and I'm not one to ride real low RPMs although good parking lot manners are always nice.
Ideally for a Exhaust that will work on a 110" with a little head work but not hold back a 124" to much if I end up there down the road. A middle of the road 117"/120" is a distinct possibility.
Plan on occasionally spinning it to 6250RPM, a S&S 640 cam wise or similar.

This will be a Back Road & Bar Bike setup mostly but once a year or so could be pressed into service for 3 day trip to Daytona/Sturgis so Sound wise, I'd prefer something that I'd be able to ride all day without having a droning in my ears at end of day. Not a determining factor, but a factor.

Considering

Supertrapp 827-71574 2:1 SuperMeg
V&H Pro Pipe  (might limit the 124"?)
Vance & Hines Stainless Hi-Output 2-into-1 (Too Much Pipe for a 110"?)
D&D is local, I like the BobCat looks but don't think it will work on bigger inch.
FuelMoto E-Series.
Bassani . . . There long list is confusing . . . but look to have some good options

Make a pipe or have one made by a local race shop. Source the pieces from Burns, have them spec it based on your engine stuff. Why screw around with the off the shelf stuff?
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Nastytls

Quote from: speedzter on June 08, 2019, 08:16:25 PM
I don't find the Boarzilla overly loud.
Not as bad as some of the V&H systems out there.
The Muffler sure is heavy though !!

It's not as loud as the bagger boarzilla. I can't hear mine over my buddies bagger riding next to or in front of me.
If budget is no consideration surely a custom pipe built to your builds spec's  would be best.

itsafatboy

I run the dyna boarzilla on a fatboy , ( fits better than the softail version around oil tank)  I have the quiet baffle but its not quiet by any means might help with some of the rasp but I really like the pipe ,  I also like the fuelmoto e-series they have for a dyna just haven't seen one up close .  I would like to try the e-seris muffler on the DD header but hard to find just the muffler,

biggzed

Quote from: itsafatboy on June 10, 2019, 10:52:14 AM
I run the dyna boarzilla on a fatboy , ( fits better than the softail version around oil tank)  I have the quiet baffle but its not quiet by any means might help with some of the rasp but I really like the pipe ,  I also like the fuelmoto e-series they have for a dyna just haven't seen one up close .  I would like to try the e-seris muffler on the DD header but hard to find just the muffler,

There was a member here many years ago that mounted a universal Supertrapp muffler to a Boarzilla head pipe. It slipped right on. Only fabrication was welding a mounting plate for the muffler bracket, but this was on a bagger. So not sure how a dyna pipe is supported, but surely something could be done. That pipe supported a 124" making 140+ hp/tq.

Zach