April 19, 2024, 01:57:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

110" S&S cylinders with Andrews tw57 cams

Started by twincam8888, June 03, 2019, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twincam8888

A friend wants me to hop his bike a bit. 2012 Street glide 103" with a Harley Super Tuner. Two questions:  1' I've been told that the S&S 110" cylinders have wider fins and look funny with stock Harley Heads. Any comments?.....2, At a static compression of the stated 10.5:1 the Andrews 57 would have corrected compression of 9.74:1 and a cranking pressure of 205. Is that a little high? It would be given a good tune.
But what do I know? I drive a party bus.

FLDavetrain

SnS 110 cylinders are thicker. The SE 110 cylinders are same as stock. Verify deck height then calculate static comp, that cam has been used many times at 205ccp.
currently 510ci on tap

twincam8888

But what do I know? I drive a party bus.

Rockout Rocker Products

I never noticed that before.

Thanks.

Thanks a LOT   :hyst:

Just for that, go look at the right saddlebag on your Rushmore (and maybe later) bagger. There is what looks like a run in the paint on the right bag, rear panel, about 2/3 up on the left. It's actually a flaw from the mold that got painted over.

Once you see it you can see it from across the street . So THERE  :hyst:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Hilly13

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on June 03, 2019, 07:52:51 PM

Thanks.

Just for that, go look at the right saddlebag on your Rushmore (and maybe later) bagger. There is what looks like a run in the paint on the right bag, rear panel, about 2/3 up on the left. It's actually a flaw from the mold that got painted over.

Why do I get the feeling you have been hanging out to use that one  :teeth:
Just because its said don't make it so

CndUltra88

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on June 03, 2019, 07:52:51 PM

Thanks.

:slap: you made me go down stairs in my pj's and check that out.
Spent an hour looking all over the Shark for that run  :nix:
Then I realized you are talking about those Rushmores....
I'm going  :scoot: when my toes warm up!

Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Hillside Motorcycle

Just used a 110"/57/our HMM Stage II Heads combo, in a Voyager Trike kit for a local client.(4 wheeler)
He opted for a Cobra 2/1 pipe.
Large torque off the bottom/mid....almost 130.

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

BVHOG

Built two of the Harley 110 cylinder  kits this spring wtih flat tops and 57 cams with zero issues using 85 cc chambers. Great torque and SOTP riding was awesome. Cranking pressure of 205 should not be a problem at all if you have a decent tuner around.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.