April 26, 2024, 03:27:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

126" Rebuild

Started by pwmorris, April 03, 2014, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonr

Quote from: pwmorris on April 15, 2014, 10:55:43 AM
Quote from: build it on April 15, 2014, 10:25:20 AM
Where're you landing with compression statically?

Sounds BA
Not sure yet-
Chris Rivas runs his street bike at 13:1 on California Pump with no issues and said I could run mine up there as well as long as it's tuned properly.
We will see how it all shakes out after SA does his work but I don't mind running 11.5-13:1 with my EZ starts, super efficient heads and light weight bike with a good tune-

:up:
I ran 13:5 with a 640 years ago, my timing was 10*idle and 22*max advance using 93 oct. When it came to a race environment I had a tune for a higher octane.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

pwmorris

Quote from: Sc81 on May 08, 2014, 09:12:02 PM
Did you have to change spring rate or anything else for the difference in weight of the two bikes
No,
Ran it as it came from factory. My FXR is really light though.

Quote from: gordonr on May 09, 2014, 04:16:48 AM

Sounds BA
Not sure yet-
Chris Rivas runs his street bike at 13:1 on California Pump with no issues and said I could run mine up there as well as long as it's tuned properly.
We will see how it all shakes out after SA does his work but I don't mind running 11.5-13:1 with my EZ starts, super efficient heads and light weight bike with a good tune-

I ran 13:5 with a 640 years ago, my timing was 10*idle and 22*max advance using 93 oct. When it came to a race environment I had a tune for a higher octane.
That's kind of what I was thinking.
I'll have two tunes- my street and daily driver tune and if I want to take it to the track to play, I'll also tune for a higher octane...
We'll see how it plays out.
The heads turned out real well according to Allsteadt. Big cfm for a street head.

Barrett

"Big cfm for a street head" I get a kick outta this being a "Street" bike when it would spank many bikes that are running the tracks.. It's a race bike, just not as badass as your other ride..

ThumperDeuce

Quote from: pwmorris on May 09, 2014, 07:10:26 AM
Quote from: Sc81 on May 08, 2014, 09:12:02 PM
Did you have to change spring rate or anything else for the difference in weight of the two bikes
No,
Ran it as it came from factory. My FXR is really light though.

Quote from: gordonr on May 09, 2014, 04:16:48 AM

Sounds BA
Not sure yet-

That's kind of what I was thinking.
I'll have two tunes- my street and daily driver tune and if I want to take it to the track to play, I'll also tune for a higher octane...
We'll see how it plays out.
The heads turned out real well according to Allsteadt. Big cfm for a street head.

Care to share what the numbers are?
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

gordonr

I dont have any dyno sheets from that time. Someone broke into the mobile dyno hear on my lot and stole the pc. All I can remember is uncorrected and it was 142hp and 123tq by 6500 out of my 95"with the 640. Later I put a 675 in it. Dumb mistake but clicked off 139hp in the brute hp shootout the next year.

Murphy

Thanks for the info p.m. excuse me for changing the subject just trying to figure out a inverted front for my 04 for Dyna thanks.

Merc63

Paul you going to post a dyno sheet when she is back together?
2000 Dyna
126" S&S

pwmorris

May 11, 2014, 07:12:40 AM #57 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:19:20 PM by pwmorris
Quote from: Merc63 on May 10, 2014, 07:23:23 PM
Paul you going to post a dyno sheet when she is back together?
I usually don't post sheets on current builds but I just might-Maybe a time slip instead after I get it dialed in.
Quote from: Barrett on May 09, 2014, 07:42:38 AM
"Big cfm for a street head" I get a kick outta this being a "Street" bike when it would spank many bikes that are running the tracks.. It's a race bike, just not as badass as your other ride..
If it runs for another 7 years, stays reliable, starts easy in any conditions, runs on pump fuel, is pretty comfortable, and is ready to go anywhere when I'm ready to ride on a 200 mile weekend or just an afternoon cruise, its a street bike. My other bike could never do that.
Don't really care though what anyone calls it-its my only street bike so it works for me...
Some day I'll get a bagger but that day is not here yet. :wink:

FXDRYDR

"...Some day I'll get a bagger but that day is not here yet. :wink:"

LOL!!  For some reason I think that day might be a long way off -- unless it's some kind of stealth bagger made of CF!! 

pwmorris

Quote from: FXDRYDR on May 13, 2014, 06:36:27 AM
"...Some day I'll get a bagger but that day is not here yet. :wink:"

LOL!!  For some reason I think that day might be a long way off -- unless it's some kind of stealth bagger made of CF!!
LOL...Nah, If I get a bagger I think it will be pretty stock, just listen to tunes and relax-kinda like ridin' in a convertible car-
air ride, windscreen, I pod, touch screen, cruise control, just hummin along...

BTW,
Here is the new Gen 3 Progression baffle going in my new version Meg-as I said earlier, I had the old Guppy version and I pretty much thrashed it so it was time. I understand this version is significantly quieter, without a big loss of HP-which is good for around town driving not to piss off the locals...

gordonr

That is an impressive baffle. :up:

Admiral Akbar

:up: :up:

Like the design..

Max

Durwood

No Cents

how's the rebuild coming along Paul?
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

1FSTRK

"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

wfolarry

No Cents

Thanks for the heads up Larry.
It looks like Paul is making progress.

No Cents

July 20, 2014, 06:01:52 PM #67 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:04:58 PM by No Cents
 looks like Paul got his 126" rebuild done.
Here is a little video of it he posted over on the VTF.
It sure does sound good!
Congrats Paul  :up:

http://youtu.be/9HfVNi3krok

Ray

BVHOG

Tell me the idle on that thing doesn't sound exactly like an old 2cyl John Deere tractor, probably the same size piston, lol
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Durwood

Sounds killer Pdub, it wraps like my ol' 406 sbc :up:

Deye76

Gawd that sounds good. Raises the heart rate just listening, would jump out my chest riding it.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

pwmorris

Just an update on the rebuild. Bike has been running great since and no issues to speak of once we got the correct push rod adjustment with the new supreme lifters with limiters and EZ starts.
Switched to Liquimoly oil and Valvetrain is noticibly quieter considering this much lift on a daily driven street bike.
American Iron Magazine just shot it for a feature which should be out in a few months and all dyno and track time data should be in the article.
Very happy with the results and all my goals have been met or exceeded with this build. Just enjoying the summer riding....

jam65

Thanks for the update Paul. I will be looking for the mag article to see what you have cooking.

Clayster

Quote from: jam65 on July 04, 2015, 12:50:31 PM
Thanks for the update Paul. I will be looking for the mag article to see what you have cooking.
X2 :up: :up:

No Cents

I'm happy for you Paul...very nice job on the rebuild!  :up:
I'll be looking forward to seeing the magazine article too.

Ray