March 29, 2024, 04:26:46 AM

News:

Exotx SS air filters

Started by trex, March 26, 2019, 03:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trex

I have an Exotx stainless steel air filter and love it. Have tried to email with them coming back as undeliverable and called and leaving a message that is never answered. Hope they are not out of business. Anyone know?

No Cents

there is a good chance they are not in business any longer.  :nix:  Their manufacturing shop is about 4- 5 miles away from my house. Every time I go by there, there is never any cars at the shop. I have been inside the shop in the past. He had 3 CNC machines along with a lot of other hi-tech machines. You could just about make anything you could imagine with all the machinery he has in that shop. It would be a shame to see the shop closed. I too have one of their extended filters that is sitting on the shelf out in the barn. I talked to him a few years ago and he was thinking of retiring and moving south. I did notice a for sale sign last summer at his house...which is right next to his shop.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

planemech

March 26, 2019, 07:45:08 PM #2 Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:59:52 PM by planemech
I happened to catch them on the phone back in November I think it was and the guy said all their products are only sold online now, stocked and shipped by a 3rd party. I went on and paid for one on PayPal and it showed up a week later. I was going to order another standard height one to see if it would be a restriction on my build when it goes to the dyno next month. The link I used is below. When you select what you want it takes you directly to PayPal.

http://www.exotx.com/prices.htm

I just placed an order with them and it went through, Ill post when it ships for confirmation if you'd like.

No Cents

I wonder if he sold his inventory and he did retire?
I know the air filters he made and sold were amazing.
He did at one time make custom air filters for drag boats and airplanes.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

trex

That's sad, I really like the filter.

ThumperDeuce

Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

tdrglide

"I just placed an order with them and it went through, Ill post when it ships for confirmation if you'd like."

Please do. I have been using one of their extended filters for a number of years and would like to replace soon.

planemech

Quote from: No Cents on March 27, 2019, 04:49:31 AM
  I wonder if he sold his inventory and he did retire?
I know the air filters he made and sold were amazing.
He did at one time make custom air filters for drag boats and airplanes.

He told me at the time that he was just too busy to handle that so he passed it off to another dude.

tdrglide
« on: Today at 02:21:44 PM » Insert Quote
"I just placed an order with them and it went through, Ill post when it ships for confirmation if you'd like."

Please do. I have been using one of their extended filters for a number of years and would like to replace soon.

Will do

Bagger

Here is an old HTT post:

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,26123.0.html

Offline ThumperDeuce
Site Supporter
Exotx airfilter flow data
« on: Yesterday at 12:39:24 PM »
I picked up an extra wide Exotx filter to use on my new build.  I had Otto put it on the flow bench and compare it to the Woods KF325 that I've been running.  The Woods flowed 736 at 10" and the Exotx flowed 772.5 at 10".

Bagger

Here is an old HTT post:

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,26123.0.html
Offline ThumperDeuce
Site Supporter
Exotx airfilter flow data

I picked up an extra wide Exotx filter to use on my new build.  I had Otto put it on the flow bench and compare it to the Woods KF325 that I've been running.  The Woods flowed 736 at 10" and the Exotx flowed 772.5 at 10".

Hilly13

I run one on my 110, took a bit of getting a couple of years back but worth the effort.
Just because its said don't make it so

jrgreene1968

I hope they didn't shut down, I just ordered one yesterday.
For those of you that are running the extended height.. what are you using for standoffs?

jrgreene1968

I guess they did close .. I ordered a filter last week, and just got a notice from PayPal with a refund

tdrglide

ThumperDeuce

Wow, a part on my Harley that will actually increase in value over time.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

wfolarry

They refunded my money & said they are selling off what's left. Didn't know if they were going to be getting any more.

planemech

I just received the standard height one I ordered from them. Maybe they have a few of them left if someone still needs one.

trex

It's been a month since I started this, this morning I decided to try ordering another one even though I don't need it. The one I have is in great shape but if he's out of production then I'd better do it. The order went through PayPal fine.

trex

One of the other filter makers should start making a SS filter now that Exotx is out of business

hattitude

I just noticed this thread...

What a coincidence, I tried to order an Exotx filter about a week or so ago.... Been on the fence for a couple years... finally decided to get one but I obviously waited too long.....

I got a PayPal refund and this notification from the Exotx performance team:

"Hi Bernie;

First, please accept my apologies in my delayed response – there were many unfortunate factors at play.

The details are long, but unfortunately, Mark, the owner of Exotx, has decided to close the business.   This was a decision process that started right around the first of the year, and the final decision was made late last week to discontinue production.   In the midst of all this, my father in law passed away after a short illness.   In essence, I was lax in responding to folks, and although that is no excuse, I hope that you can at least understand that certain family matters trump business obligations.

Regardless, I've issued a complete refund for your purchase through PayPal, you should have already received an automated notice.

Sincerely,
The Exotx Performance team"