April 19, 2024, 07:20:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HD GPS

Started by stro1965, June 23, 2019, 11:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stro1965

My 2014 Limited GPS has been cursed since new. I can't count on it to work when I need it. Takes longer than most to boot up and usually, I guess, the GPS won't lock onto the satellites because it's always showing me in the wrong place. Sometimes it's a block off, sometimes it's miles off. Once in a while it actually works.

I had the head unit replaced under warranty and that didn't fix it. Recently I tried a new GPS antenna and that didn't fix it. Relocating the antenna outside the fairing didn't fix it.   

Have any of you had a similar issue that you were able to actually fix? I've been Googling and it seems that, while not really common, I'm far from the only one that has had this issue. Some suggest that there may be a wire or two that are too close to the GPS receiver on the head unit and causing interference, so I guess I'll try re-routing wires to see if that helps.

I'm tired of tolerating it, I want it to work. Any ideas?

lilchief

I'm assuming you downloaded & installed all the updates from HD's site? If so, I'm at a loss.

Lil Chief

r0de_runr

Sorry man, my 2014 Limited GPS doesn't show any problems.  I'm no help but I feel for ya.
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

stro1965

Yeah I've always kept up on the updates, always hopeful the next one would fix it.