March 28, 2024, 11:41:23 AM

News:

I found me a couple of Hookers

Started by calif phil, May 15, 2019, 02:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calif phil

Remember Hooker slip on's?   They were one of my favorite sounding mufflers.  Do you think they would flow enough for an otherwise stock  2015 103?

When the Hookers were made a 96" was a big motor. 

rigidthumper

They work fine (if a little loud :) )
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

CndUltra88

Did these Hookers come with or without teeth :slap:
This information is worthless without pictures :fish:
Seriously though , they did sound nice and of course I was never able to find a set for my rides when I was considering them. :scoot:
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Evo160K

Seems if the 103 header pipe diameter is no larger at any point than the hooker slip-on diameter, you should be okay.  Just my guess!

I run the old Hooker tune-ables on my 97" evo softail and love em, make great torque over a broad rpm band.

doubletrouble

Hooker super comp. headers have always been great headers for street cars , made very well for the money , dont know if this translates over to the v-twin stuff though

Paniolo

Just keep the tunable portion lubed. On the set I had they seized up and would not turn without a lot of WD-40 and work. I did like the sound.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

Evo160K

Quote from: Paniolo on May 16, 2019, 12:24:30 PM
Just keep the tunable portion lubed. On the set I had they seized up and would not turn without a lot of WD-40 and work. I did like the sound.

Haven't moved mine in years.  Perhaps I had better lube them before it's too late.  Thanks for the tip, Paniolo.

lilchief

I still have a set of the tuned flow mufflers in the attic with the rest of my parts. They are great mufflers.

Lil Chief