April 26, 2024, 12:52:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PV off idle adjustment

Started by Nastytls, May 25, 2019, 12:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastytls

Symptom is the engine doesn't want to take throttle pulling away from a stop, let out clutch & twist the throttle and it's like it hits a wall, nothing happens. If I raise the RPM's before beginning to let the clutch out it's usually fine. Is this a rich or lean phenomenon? Also, is there a change that I can make on the PV "quick tune" to work on this? I don't have a PC, so I can't adjust the maps in Winpv.

rbabos

Quote from: Nastytls on May 25, 2019, 12:40:42 PM
Symptom is the engine doesn't want to take throttle pulling away from a stop, let out clutch & twist the throttle and it's like it hits a wall, nothing happens. If I raise the RPM's before beginning to let the clutch out it's usually fine. Is this a rich or lean phenomenon? Also, is there a change that I can make on the PV "quick tune" to work on this? I don't have a PC, so I can't adjust the maps in Winpv.
It can be two things that I've experienced experimenting over the years. Too lean at launch or lack of timing in launch kpa areas. While I'm not a fan of quicktune, I suppose it could dial it in some with either issue.
Ron