March 29, 2024, 05:15:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Nbr-o while in auto tune.

Started by Harley Pilot, September 15, 2019, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Pilot

So I'm trying to do some auto tune runs on my 2019 Lowrider and with the map I'm trying to tune I keep getting the NBR-O codes especially in the hight throttle position cells. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.

rbabos

Quote from: Harley Pilot on September 15, 2019, 03:32:05 PM
So I'm trying to do some auto tune runs on my 2019 Lowrider and with the map I'm trying to tune I keep getting the NBR-O codes especially in the hight throttle position cells. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.
The area of the cal is in open loop. Needs to be closed loop to gather data.
Ron

Harley Pilot

Quote from: rbabos on September 16, 2019, 05:14:20 AM

Thanks,
Dan.
Ron
I thought auto tune mode put the entire grid in closed loop??

Jamie Long

Auto Tune Basic sets the entire AF table to closed loop (14.6 AF/1.0 Lambda). The NBR-O warning occurs when the ECM sees that the narrowband sensors are outside their effective window. This most commonly occurs in the higher RPM & load areas when the closed loop integrator cannot follow quick enough to generate corrections. A short answer is this is a limitation when using narrowband sensors in this application. 

mayor

Quote from: Harley Pilot on September 16, 2019, 05:19:34 AM
As Jamie notes, the whole table may be set to closed loop, but that doesn't mean the stock sensors will pick up data in the very hi and very low load areas.   The stock narrow bands effective range is somewhere between 27kPa-83kPa, give or take a few kPa depending on calibration.  This means that the stock narrow bands aren't going to be super effective at collecting data at full load or during no load decal.   
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

rbabos

Quote from: rbabos on September 16, 2019, 05:14:20 AM

Thanks,
Dan.
Ron
It is. Much better explanation from Jamie and Mayor, as to why.
Ron

Harley Pilot

Quote from: mayor on September 16, 2019, 05:53:15 PM
As Jamie notes, the whole table may be set to closed loop, but that doesn't mean the stock sensors will pick up data in the very hi and very low load areas.   The stock narrow bands effective range is somewhere between 27kPa-83kPa, give or take a few kPa depending on calibration.  This means that the stock narrow bands aren't going to be super effective at collecting data at full load or during no load decal.   
So I'm guessing I need to get the auto tune pro or Target tune to get into those areas?? What a difference a baffle makes!!