March 28, 2024, 11:36:44 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

V-Rod owners?

Started by 00se, April 05, 2018, 06:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Quote from: kd on May 19, 2018, 05:48:59 AM
:up:  I really like those RG kits on Vrods. I think it opens up a whole new riding (touring etc) experience for them.
The whole concept makes little sense to me. It's like putting $10k CAD into a TC and trying to keep up with a stock vrod out of the box. :banghead: Been there , done that, dumped the softail after a couple of test rides.  While the Road Rods look cool the mpg isn't there for a good touring platform. It's designed to go like hell in a straight line, more then anything else and it does that quite well. Stops really well too.  Being a power cruiser it wasn't going to pass the current Euro EPA standards, where most of the sales were, so they dropped the bike from the line as the easiest solution and went with the Street instead. :sick:
Ron

Timinator

My solution was to buy a new 2017 CVO Prostreet Breakout and give it the HP it looks like it should have had from the MOCO. 135.87HP @5850 RPM/ 133.4 TQ at the last Dyno Shoot out. No power adders either (N20, Turbo, Pro Charger) just on the motor. I have over 7000 trouble free miles on it as of this post, and if I drive it normally it still knocks down 37-42 MPG, not bad and a heck of a lot better than our shop foreman's 2007 with cams, airbox, CFR headers, Thunder Max computer and 2 teeth off of the countershaft sprocket (high 20s to 32 or so mpg.)
I have built higher HP V-Rods for customers but none showed up at the Shoot Out...  Haven't met any on the street yet either. I know they are out there, but I have a Destroyer too, just trying to cover all of the bases....    TIMINATOR
MODESTY IS A CRUTCH FOR THE INCOMPETENT!!!

Hossamania

It's already the stepchild of the HD family, and then add a RoadGlide fairing to ugly it up. I didn't get it either.
But, I do know a guy that put an old Vetter fairing on his. He's had that fairing on the last four or five bikes he's had, owned it since the early 80's. Yup, it's goofy looking, but it suits him! Talk about a guy who really doesn't care what others think...
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

bf2002flht

Quote from: rbabos on May 17, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
Quote from: bf2002flht on May 17, 2018, 02:32:11 PM
We just added one to our stable - 2005 VRSCSE with Road Glide front fairing.
Got pics?
Ron

rbabos

Quote from: bf2002flht on May 22, 2018, 09:50:47 AM
Quote from: rbabos on May 17, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
Quote from: bf2002flht on May 17, 2018, 02:32:11 PM
We just added one to our stable - 2005 VRSCSE with Road Glide front fairing.
Got pics?
Ron
Nice. I see you got a few extra goodies with it. Backrest, engine guard and foot boards.
Ron

bf2002flht

We also have the smaller vrod saddlebags as well. just going through the bike. This if for the wife, got to make her happy.

rbabos

Quote from: bf2002flht on May 22, 2018, 01:35:13 PM
We also have the smaller vrod saddlebags as well. just going through the bike. This if for the wife, got to make her happy.
That SE is one of the nicest models from the factory. Shame it has the small tank, 3.7 gal I believe which makes for more stops when touring. Later models went to 5 gal, which will not retrofit the earlier frames.
Ron

76shuvlinoff

I work with a guy that has an 06 or 07 SE. I bet it doesn't have 3000 miles on it, it comes to work maybe 3 times a year.  It's his only bike, he goes 6'2" and 300, looks awful big on it.  He gets offers but refuses to give it up.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

rbabos

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on May 27, 2018, 05:03:05 AM
I work with a guy that has an 06 or 07 SE. I bet it doesn't have 3000 miles on it, it comes to work maybe 3 times a year.  It's his only bike, he goes 6'2" and 300, looks awful big on it.  He gets offers but refuses to give it up.
Most likely either a 2005 or 06. Only two years. The 06 was the first fat tire. Yes, he would look out of place on one of those.
Ron

tomcat64

I have an 03.. great bike, just not the right one for trips..

Timinator

I now own my ex-foreman's White rod too (repossessed it). I'll probably sell it to spend more on my CVO Breakout and Destroyer.....   TIMINATOR
MODESTY IS A CRUTCH FOR THE INCOMPETENT!!!

tomcat64

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: rbabos on May 27, 2018, 07:12:13 AM
Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on May 27, 2018, 05:03:05 AM
Most likely either a 2005 or 06. Only two years. The 06 was the first fat tire. Yes, he would look out of place on one of those.
Ron

yep, 06. He's got grandkids now, traded it this summer for a side by side Yamaha ATV with room for 6.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

One4Tone

./.never owned a Vrod...drove one at the dealer "test our metal" days..I think they are a pretty nifty machine..like the stance...if I get a chance to get one reasonably I might go for one..might have to trade one of my buells for one...  :slap:

Socca5

If the VSRCR counts as well then I have one. My Street Rod dates from 06. Bought it two weeks ago. With very very low milage.  Can't wait for spring to have my first real ride on it.

Tom
Nothing is impossible...unless you have to do it yourself

rbabos

Quote from: Socca5 on February 13, 2019, 11:54:41 AM
If the VSRCR counts as well then I have one. My Street Rod dates from 06. Bought it two weeks ago. With very very low milage.  Can't wait for spring to have my first real ride on it.

Tom
Street rod is the an odd ball but those that have them claim the best handling of them all. For one they sit higher for more ground clearance and more lean angle. They were the first version with the inverted forks. There were some issue with the aluminum steering stem post and tripple clamp. 1130cc.com has a few owners that can fill in the blanks for any R related questions.
Ron