March 28, 2024, 06:40:09 AM

News:

Weak points?

Started by Xyzzy, April 08, 2018, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderrat

So how's the bike Xyzzy?    Still have it or move on to something else, or something smaller yet?

Xyzzy

I traded in the Sportster a long time ago. Since then I have gone through a 107 Fat Bob, a 107 Softail Slim, a 114 Heritage Classic and now I am on a 107 Road King.

The Sportster was the most fun I have had on a Harley but I need to have cruise control otherwise the arthritis in my hands kills me.

:smilep:

Xyzzy

As for smaller, I do have a Monkey.

[attach=0]

thunderrat

Nice little Monkey!

I take you didn't like the Heritage.  How many miles did you put on that?

Xyzzy

I liked it but it had a few small issues and one big issue.

Small:

A surprising amount of vibration in the footboards at cruising speed.
A fake gas tank cap.
Wire wheels.
Tubes.
A single front disc brake.

Big:

This might sound weird, but it felt like the bike was trying to be something it wasn't. It didn't feel authentic. It was high quality and stuff, but it felt odd. The fake gas cap really bothered me. (I'm weird, I know!)

The Road King doesn't have to try to be anything. It is the real deal.

Here is a picture of the Heritage Classic. It was a good looking bike for sure!

[attach=0,msg1305948]

thunderrat

Thanks for the pic.  Yes they are good looking  I've only driven one, and that was on HD's demo fleet......and it ran really bad.

I'm thinking the next bike I get might be a Road King.  Very clean, less clutter, a nice ride and more room for the wife.

Xyzzy

Here is my new RK.

It is supposed to be silver but it actually looks like light blue. I think it looks neat.

[attach=0]

Hossamania

That is a good looking machine. Congratulations!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

thunderrat

Yes it is.  :up: The windshield is a little too tall for me though.  How many miles of this so far?