April 26, 2024, 12:59:07 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

MM to Carb (2000 MY)

Started by Pirsch Fire Wagon, September 30, 2019, 03:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirsch Fire Wagon

I had said a couple months back I was going to do the Magnetite-Minnelli to Carburetor conversion and results.

The attached is EVERYTHING I used (note, there is a discount you won't receive) and an additional $7.00 for the Choke Elbow and, $119.00 for the Mikuni Cruise Adapter for the Mikuni Carb (Ultra) not listed on the invoice.

The total time for two Master Technicians  (myself and brother-in-law) completed in about 4 hours (we had to stop after two hours because he was drooling from Alcohol Poisoning and begin the next day. I estimate a person of average mechanical skill could perform this in 8 - 16 hours.

Notes:
1. The entire MM was removed. There is NO reason to keep it on the Bike. Someone said they keep it for diagnostics. The only problem with that is, there is NO Diagnostics.

2. The Dynotech, when wired correctly allows use of the Data Port to retrieve anyone of five Diagnostic Trouble Codes from the Module.

3. In my case, i had a 99 Overlay Harness (shown on invoice) so 7 Wire Connectors from the Original Harness were used (Coil, Map, Crank Sensors). easily configured and soldered as the wires match the O.E.M. Color Codes.

4. The only specialty tools required is a Roll Pin Punch to add the Cruise Control to the Mikuni.

5. A Dremmel to shave away a portion of the Fins on the Rear Cylinder for clearance.

6. I used a 42MM Intake and Carb as this was a 95" Build.

7. When the Fuel Pump is remover, DO NOT disconnect the Float Level as you will need this for the Fuel Gauge. Just Zip-Tie the harness for the Pump directly to the Arm and you're done.

8. The only issue is it's so Loud (Deafening) I may have to find another set of slip-on's when it under about 3/4 Throttle. -Seriously, you can feel the sound percussion on your Ear Drums. On a long ride it may get annoying.

9. Also note - Use a Stage II Air Cleaner Kit for Baggers as well because the Mikuni Requires it.

Tom

Ohio HD

How do you know what others get for discounts?      :sheep:

92flhtcu

Thanks Pirsch! I have 3 of these coming in over winter
Need a bigger garage

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: Ohio HD on September 30, 2019, 05:15:35 PM
How do you know what others get for discounts?      :sheep:

I special  :hug:
Tom

truck

You can probably reuse the map sensor, I could on my 2110 model.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.