April 24, 2024, 01:57:49 AM

News:

Bridgestone H50 Battlecruise Tires

Started by lonegoosehonking, October 02, 2019, 02:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonegoosehonking

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2016/10/20/bridgestone-battlecruise-h50-tire-review-5-fast-facts/

I bought a set of these for my 2017 FLHTCU. Day before leaving for Bikes, Blues and BBQ I popped the tires on. I balanced them 1/2 OZ. rear ,
1.5 OZ front. Have to tell you I am impressed. Tires are built well. Stiff carcass, Weight dot stamped. They stick like a Mutha in the turns. Ride
was definitely improved over the stock tires. Rode the Pig Trail and a bunch of other twisties in Arkansas. Rode after rain in the turns. Quiet. Two thumbs up for these. I paid $260 for both tires delivered. If the Mileage claims are as advertised these will be bought again.

motorhogman

Review looks good.

That number 3 fact is the same claim made by Michelin on their Commander II.

I found no better mileage than any other tire I've used over the past 110,000 mi.

Other than the same mileage I do like the Commander II tires.

Keep us posted on how you like them as the miles go up.

where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

Deye76

19,000 on a rear? Were the cords showing?  :teeth: I may try a set on my FXR, always open to something new, unless it's from metzler.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Ohio HD

PoorUB

Quote from: Deye76 on October 02, 2019, 04:03:38 PM
19,000 on a rear? Were the cords showing?  :teeth: I may try a set on my FXR, always open to something new, unless it's from metzler.

I would  easily get 18,000 miles on a rear American  Elite on my 2010, and now my 2016 Limited. And no cords showing.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

Got 20,000 out of my American Elites on the '12, no cords, I've ridden worse.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

lonegoosehonking

I believe they were made in Japan. I will confirm tonight. With the stock tires I thought the bike handled good. With these tires it is much better. On the Pig Trail which has 10MPH switchbacks and tight turns I was having a blast and that's with the wife on the back. Another thing I noticed while riding on a section of the highway with rain grooves , handlebars didn't hunt they stayed straight just like on regular pavement. 

Hossamania

How many miles were on your old tires?

PoorUB

Funny how new tires always handle better than the worn skins they replaced.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

lonegoosehonking

11k on old tires. When I had my bike on the lift before trip the tread was above the wear bars , however on the side radius of the tires you could see very small serrations  almost like weather cracking.  Battlecruisers made in Japan. Have to say I never get more than 13k out of a back tire. Not sure if its the heat in Texas or how I like to twist the throttle.

Tail Ridr

I'd be surprised to end up with much more than 13,000 mi this time around on my 407, 2-up 95% of the time, fully laden. Nor do I expect half again of that...
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

Hossamania

Quote from: lonegoosehonking on October 04, 2019, 03:30:21 AM
11k on old tires. When I had my bike on the lift before trip the tread was above the wear bars , however on the side radius of the tires you could see very small serrations  almost like weather cracking.  Battlecruisers made in Japan. Have to say I never get more than 13k out of a back tire. Not sure if its the heat in Texas or how I like to twist the throttle.

The good thing is that you recognized that they needed to be replaced and didn't try to push them to the very end. Good luck with the new ones, keep us updated on how they work out for you.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: lonegoosehonking on October 02, 2019, 02:58:57 AM
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2016/10/20/bridgestone-battlecruise-h50-tire-review-5-fast-facts/

I bought a set of these for my 2017 FLHTCU. Day before leaving for Bikes, Blues and BBQ I popped the tires on. I balanced them 1/2 OZ. rear ,
1.5 OZ front. Have to tell you I am impressed. Tires are built well. Stiff carcass, Weight dot stamped. They stick like a Mutha in the turns. Ride
was definitely improved over the stock tires. Rode the Pig Trail and a bunch of other twisties in Arkansas. Rode after rain in the turns. Quiet. Two thumbs up for these. I paid $260 for both tires delivered. If the Mileage claims are as advertised these will be bought again.
thanks for the info, and  :wtf: B B & BBQ has passed  :emoGroan: that makes 2 rides I missed this year  :crook:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch