April 20, 2024, 06:26:54 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Replace power vision?

Started by Chippitt68, October 23, 2018, 05:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chippitt68

Well, Dynojet emailed with the bad news. My power vision cannot be repaired. They offered me a significantly reduced price to purchase. I assume it will be the same unit, pv1. My question is, should I replace or get something else. I have an interest in learning to auto tune and was wondering if pv is equal to tts and others for that purpose. If I decide to change tuners, will I lose my current map? Current map is close, but since I rebuilt the motor (same components, 10 over , and feels like a bit more compression) I know the tune is not spot on. This is the second time in 3 years I've had to return the unit to Dynojet and I have some concerns about its durability.

joe_lyons

I have had the same unit since 2012. It's been dropped a few times, colored on with crayon, and ran through the rain plenty of times.  I still use it as my shop tuning tool.  The USB is getting kinda loose so I'll prob have to deal with that at some point.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

cbumdumb

I had one on my 13 rgu put 50,000 miles plus on it never came of bike looked rough plastic fade from son but it worked all the way up to the crash!

rbabos

Running it five years full time on the v rod. Always works and no issues with it. As with anything electronic, it's luck of the draw.
Ron

rigidthumper

Will Dyno Jet provide you with your license? If so, you could buy a used unit from someone.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Chippitt68

Didn't ask them. They offered me a brand new one for 269.99. I bought it. Second time in 3 1/2 years it had to go back. 1st time they reset it and saved my tunes. This time we will have to see , It's not here yet.

rigidthumper

The good news is you can extract the map currently in the ECM.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Chippitt68

I also backed them all up to computer, so I can load them that way.

crewchief25H

Mine went blank after 3 years. I did the same thing, bought a new one for 269.