March 28, 2024, 11:07:52 AM

News:

tuning with cam 2

Started by tc1550, December 31, 2018, 07:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc1550

Just swaped cams in my bike gonna have it retuned have some cam 2 left in tank from summer say like 50cam 2 50 93 octane will fuel ruin my tuners wide ban 02 sensors or drain fuel and bring with just 93 ?

rigidthumper

Tune it on what will most commonly be in the tank, and let the tuner know what you are using for fuel. Charges may change, as leaded fuels will shorten the life of O2 sensors.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

HD/Wrench

leaded fuel here starts with New sensors and you own them . I tune a fair amount of the race stuff and its hit or miss with how long they last I have had them fail before tune is over . that was on C110 straight . Other times they worked fine for entire tune and in one case I have used his sensors 2  more times as he made changes to the set up  . But in the end You are paying for a tune , but if your fuel is going to damage my sensors well  I have to charge for that . Simple enough .

Hilly13

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 10, 2019, 09:17:02 AM
leaded fuel here starts with New sensors and you own them . I tune a fair amount of the race stuff and its hit or miss with how long they last I have had them fail before tune is over . that was on C110 straight . Other times they worked fine for entire tune and in one case I have used his sensors 2  more times as he made changes to the set up  . But in the end You are paying for a tune , but if your fuel is going to damage my sensors well  I have to charge for that . Simple enough .
Fair enough as well  :up:
Just because its said don't make it so